Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A card for Ryan

I am entering this card in the Creative Inspirations Challenge "A Card for a Male". It does take a male card challenge to get the inspiration and motivation flowing for a male card. I used the Mojo Monday sketch to create this card for my nephew Ryan who will turn two this year. I stayed away from all the feminine colours and papers and reached for orange, old olive and pale blue. I haven't used any pretty bows, flowers or butterflies and so this card was a bit of a struggle because I kept wanting to add all the pretty decorations. I coloured the image with stampin' write markers and cut out the star with a cuttlebug I am having a lend of from a Mum at my school. I hope to have a little play with the Cuttlebug tonight because on the weekend I think I will purchase one from the craft fair in Brisbane. I know most of you have already got a Cuttlebug, and they really do seem very versatile and good value for money. Hope your Wednesday had many moments of happiness. Thanks for coming and visiting my blog.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Fantastic.....love the colours and image,your colouring is brilliant!!! The star is fabulous,it adds something extra to the card!
xx

Victoria said...

fab card, I love that penny black stamp, nearly used it myself for something and changed my mind at the last minute.

Treat yourself to the cuttlebug, you won't regret it, sooo versatile, when I bought mine I didn't realise just how much use I'd get out of it!

Victoria
x

Amanda said...

This card is so cute Alicia it doesn't need anything more, it is perfect the way it is..Hope you had fun with the cuttlebug last night, guess you weren't watching the origin either.
Love Amanda

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love your super cute animals and your star accent. Fabulous job on the Mojo Monday sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

MadonnaDunn said...

Loving all your cards!! Tell me what day your off to the fair - i'm doing a Teneale Williams class on Sunday afternoon & will be there a bit before that.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous coloring. Thanks for playing! :)