Monday, July 27, 2009

Magnolia Down Under - Christmas in July


I wasn't sure if I would have a go at the Magnolia Down Under Challenge for Christmas in July, because I have very little Christmas stamping products, but I found a Merry Christmas stamp and then a scrap of snow-flake paper and before I knew it I was excitedly putting a card together.

I followed Kellie's Punched Scallop Border Tutorial to make the frill around the image. I used my heat gun to emboss white powder onto the "Not Quiet Navy" card using one of my "Stampin Around" rollers. I haven't used them for ages but they work really well with the embossing powder to decorate plain card stock. I also embossed the "Merry Christmas" sentiment. I added some silver ribbon and rhinestones to complete the look. I love this "Not Quite Navy" colour from SU. I think it looks gorgeous with sliver and white.
I hope you had an enjoyable day today, mine was pretty average to be honest, still trying to get over a viral infection (yuk!). Will be drinking more immune boosting herbs every day and night to ward off disease! A pity it tastes so disgusting! Thanks for visiting...

12 comments:

Beccy said...

That border is so effective Alicia, love the colours of the papers, glad you found them.

Beccy x

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful papers,what a fabulous job on the scallop border!!!
xx

Debbie Pamment said...

I think blue is such a fabulous colour for Christmas - and it certainly makes a gorgeous Christmas card here, The right DP and a cute Tilda - a perfect Christmas combo.
Great job with Kellie's scallop tutorial too!
Hope you feel better soon....
xXx

Jeannie said...

I like the non-traditional colors you chose for this holiday card! She is adorable!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Victoria said...

this is so lovely, the frilled scallop looks fantastic......and very neat too! If I had a go it would be all over the place! I think a congratulations to you for making a non Christmas stamp look so Christmassy.

Victoria
x

LINDA said...

Fantastic card. love how you used the border punch..Lovely coloring.. Beautiful work..
Hugs, Linda

Norma said...

Alicia, what a gorgeous card. I never would have thought to use this Tilda for a Christmas card, but oh yes, it really works well. Thanks for the idea. That scallop border looks great and your self-made DP looks terrific. Great job on the card. Thanks for joining the challenge at MDUC.

Hugs.
Norma

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW so non traditional but sooo gorgeous! Thanks for playing in Magnolia down under challenges.
Kristy

Tracey Feeger said...

Fabulous card Alicia. I love the colours and the design.
mwah
Trace

Susannah Iredale said...

I love this card it is so beautiful

Carolyn said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. I just love how you put it together. Great job.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

crafty amy said...

This is so pretty I love the way you have edges the circle that is a brilliant idea :D
Thank you for putting in to join us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck
X Amy X