Monday, July 6, 2009

Magnolia Down Under


I had a lovely time with the sketch from Magnolia Down Under this week. I used papers from DCWV and ribbons and pearls from my stash. I had fun with the colours blue, apricot and green - something a little different.

I wanted to share a photo with you tonight of one of our sponsor kids - Emmanuel. We have been sponsoring him now for about three years and when this photo came in the mail last week we couldn't believe how happy he looks and how much he has grown! It was so nice to receive his photo - isn't he such a cutie!
Well thats all from me tonight - just a short post. I'm off to a day of card-making tomorrow, so that should be lots of fun! Hope you had a lovely Monday.

9 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW Alicia I am loving these colours, so soft and beautiful. Love the dsp and everything about the card. And gorgeous photo of Emmanuel, so special of you to sponsor him.
Thanks for playing in MDUC #17
Kristy

Tracey Feeger said...

What a beautiful card. Love the soft colours of the DSP. Great job with the sketch.
mwah
Trace

LINDA said...

Beautiful card.. Love the image and the paper is just wonderful.. Such a cute little boy, He sure looks happy.. Hugs, Linda

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE the softness of your card - soo delicate and that little Tilda is the perfect choice for this setting!
I too sponsor a child - it's sooo rewarding to get these happy snaps of them and realise you are part of the reason they are smiling - and what a gorgeous smile Emmanuel has!
xXx

Kellie said...

Gorgeous card, thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge.

What a gorgeous thing to do sponsor and he looks so happy, great photo.
Kelx

Norma said...

Alicia, this is such a sweet card. I love the soft colours you use. Adorable Tilda--you know, I don't think I've seen this one before. Wonderful colouring.

Your sponsor child looks so happy. Yes, it's a wonderful thing you're doing.

Hugs.
Norma

Cheryl said...

Beautiful Alicia,love the colour combo and a great take on the sketch!!! Thanks for joining us at MDUC! Your sponsor child is cute and does look so happy!
xx

ros said...

this is a beautiful card. perfect colouring and i love ur colour choice. the sentiment is gorgeous too

Jennifer Stricker said...

You do such wonderful work. I hope you'll join us over on http://www.pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com

jennifer@PIO