Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sweet Sketch Wednesday



I thought I would have another go at the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge this week. I loved the sketch and was very much inspired by Judi's card on the blog. I needed to make two cards tonight.
The first one is for my sister Alli. She needs a card for a friend of her's, Angus, who has been in a nasty car accident. Angus is a country bloke - so I tried to make a card with masculine, country colours. I used lots of chocolate chip ink to distress it and try to make it look a bit dirty. I kept it simple without many embellishments.
The second card is the third baby card I need for my cousin Shayne, his wife Jess and their baby boy Leo. Leo is their fourth child so I felt like I didn't need to stick with the traditional pale blue baby card. I wanted it to be bright and cheerful, and a bit different. Looking at the finished product - I don't really like it that much now. I like the get well card better.
I went and had lunch with Ben today at "The Secret Garden", a little sandwich shop on Chevron Island. I had been wanting to go there for ages. It is nice to be on holidays and have lunch with your husband. I followed the lunch with another afternoon nap. I could really handle being a lady of leisure! Tonight I cooked lamb Rogan Josh for dinner in our new slow cooker. It was yummy.
Tomorrow I have to put in some hours on my dreaded class portfolios...yuk! But I need to get them out of the way so I can enjoy more holiday fun...like making cards for example.
Thanks for visiting my blog today, I hope you had a sweet Wednesday.

10 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Hi Alicia~your cards are wonderful! I love your take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for playing along with us and hope to see you next week.

Jeannie said...

I luv both of these cards! Great job!
My boyfriend is a teacher also, so he is enjoying the time off too.
I will for sure post a picture of the car I get. I'm going to get a beetle! Always wanted one!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Kelly Mahany said...

Alicia, thanks so much for playing along with us again!! Both your cards look great! I hope that angus recovers well and congrats on the new baby in your family!!

Have a SWEET day!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Wow, I loved both of your cards, Alicia. Thanks for sharing. You are super fast getting two card finished today. I loved the embossing folder on the baby card. Thanks for the compliment. See you next week.

LINDA said...

These are both just wonderful..Love the cute little images, and the colors are great..
Hugs, Linda

mulberry station said...

What cute cards! Thanks for joining us this week. I love them both!

Ann said...

Ohhhh, these are both just adorable!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

These are so cute thanks again for playing along with us this week.

Cheryl said...

So cute,love these images and fab colour combos!!! I see you are getting use out of your cuttlebug,love them both!
xx

Amanda said...

Alicia both cards are great but I am in love with your baby one, it is awesome, so bright and beautiful.
Love Amanda