Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Creatalicious Challenge - Father's Day Card


Over at Creatalicious Challenge the challenge is to make a Father's Day card with the colour brown and something metal. A family at my school asked me to make them a Father's Day card for their Dad. I was a bit nervous just making the one so I made two and then they had a choice of their favourite card. It suits me anyway because I need three Father's Day cards by this weekend to post to my Dad, Ben's Dad and my Grandfather. I used brown on both cards and metal clips on one and a metal button on the other. I used the digi-stamp "Jim goes fishing" and added crystal effects to the water and the fish. The family chose the second card - but I actually like the top card the best.
Thanks for visiting.

9 comments:

Wilma said...

Love both of 'em Alicia - they are super digi-stamps and you have made the water look like.............well......... water - well done!!

Kellie said...

Well you hit the nail on the head with these two with them theme and I love them! I love how you have made 2 and they both look different in their own ways, very talented! Love them! xx

Cheryl said...

Fantastic cards Alicia,the papers and designs are fabulous!!! And to be able to do two very different cards......such amazing work!! Thanks for entering our first challenge and hope to see you at Creatalicious again next month!!
xx

Karina said...

Those cards are so lovely Alicia, love them!
Perhaps you like to join my blog candy? http://creawitch.blogspot.com/2009/08/geburtstags-blog-candy.html
Hugs from Karina

LilyPuss Cards said...

Hi..both cards are great..love the digi stamp..and the colours are great..thank you for joining Creatalicious this month and hope to see you again..
hugs
Jan..x

Anonymous said...

Great Father's Day card! Love the touch of string and the ribbon with metal..beautiful! Thanks so much for joining our first challenge, hope to see you next month...

Abby:)

Kerrie said...

Great card, I better get cracking... its next Sunday...

Kerrie said...

Great Card, I better start as fathers day is next Sunday!

Bec said...

These are just gorgeous. I love your layouts and all your embellishments.. Thanks for playing along in Creatalicious Challenges. Bec xx