Thursday, August 6, 2009

Magnolia Down Under Challenge


Thank God for card making! Sometimes it is the best thing for cheering you up after an unpleasant day...This card should cheer anybody up (although sometimes I do feel very tempted to put a smile on Tilda's face)! This is for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge "Winter is here".
I have to be honest and say it hasn't really been that cold here on the Gold Coast. Its about 15 degrees celsius on my car temp when I drive to work and it must get up to about 22-25 degrees during the day (I am not sure). The sun is out and shining and I even put on a bit of fake tan tonight as I am itching to get out of pants and into a skirt...see how I go tomorrow morning! Anyway besides all of that it is winter and I chose a tilda all rugged up in the cutest little Santa outfit. Well that's what it reminded me of and so my card turned out all red and white! But - I didn't want it to be too Christmassy as that was last fortnight's challenge so I added some red flowers and a big red bow. I didn't put a sentiment on - thought I might leave it blank so the card becomes more versatile.
One of the kids told me today that it is only four months till the end of the year and when I did the maths I realised she was right! Can you believe it... 8 months down and 4 to go. I think I must be suffering from mid-term blues at the moment and it is never pleasant! But on a more positive note, I will tell you some fun things we did at school today, boomerang throwing on the oval and painting. Friday tomorrow - yeehah! Bring on the weekend I say! Hope you are having a good week. Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

Carol Dee said...

I am going to have to check celsus and fahrenhiet (I spell bad!) But I may pretty sure we had it COLDER in Iowa last winter! We had a bit of weather that stayed in the -20 below 0. for DAYS, too cold for buses to run, etc. I guess I will not complain that it is 86F today.
Tilda is so pretty in her santa outfit. Hope you have a happyier day. Hugs...

Carol Dee said...

OMG - I just looked at my last post. YIKES, I really do not spell that poorly all the time! Since I do not have a blog you can check out my cards at SCS (Carol Dee) Are you a 1/2 a day ahead of the U.S.? Is it Friday there? IF so...T.G.I.F. ;) Hugs...

Norma said...

Alicia, what a stunning card. Love the bright
Christmas colours and you've coloured this beautifully. Gorgeous DP's and I like the faux stiching. Good job.
Thanks for joining us at MDUC.

Hugs.
Norma

Cheryl said...

WOW,stunning Alicia,love these fabulous papers and your beautifully coloured Tilda!!! Great work!!
xx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

I hope your all cheered up now Alicia, This card is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at MDU.
Kristy

Debbie Pamment said...

This is sooo much fun Alicia - it certainly put a smile on my face - love how cheery it is - we need a bit of cheery warmth down in Melbourne - LOL
xXx

Carolyn said...

What a cute card. I love this little Tilda. She looks so cute in the reds.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Kristie said...

This is really pretty! Thanks for playing along at MDUC :)