Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stampin' For the Weekend - Baby


Over at Stampin' For the Weekend their challenge this week is - "Anything Baby Goes". I needed to make a baby card for Lee, a teacher at my school who has just had a baby boy. I know this is not your typical baby card, but I really wanted to use SU Pocket Sillouettes Stamps as I am borrowing this set from my friend Lucinda. One of her beautiful cards you can see here inspired my design for this card. Anyway I managed to fit them into this card. The Penny Black teddy bear would have looked lots better if I had a Ballet Blue Stampin' Write marker to outline him in. But the only set of markers I dont have is Rich Regals which contains Ballet Blue. I plan to fix this problem at the Stampin' Up party I am having at my house next month (he he he). I had to use Tempting Turqouise instead which doesn't go as well. The card stock is Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue and Yoyo Yellow. Overall it doesn't look too bad. I am off to have a another play with the Pocket Sillouettes and see what else I can come up with. Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Oh so sweet, I like the cherry yellow and blue. I am looking foreward to seeing what else you have done with the pocket sillhouettes, I have the set and struggle with how to use it. Have a peaceful weekend. Hugs..

Cheryl said...

This is so adorable,it still looks very much like a baby card......the image is so sweet and beautifully coloured!!!
xx

Victoria said...

this is uber cute Alicia, love the tag at an angle and the stamps go really well as a background. Enjoy playing with them while you have them!

Victoria
x

Lynda said...

Alicia, this card is so v v beautiful. I don't mind that the wee bear is a slightly diff blue, as it makes him stand out a bit more. The Pocket Silouettes set is one of my all time faves causae you can go OTT with the images...or keep them to a bare minimum and still get stunning results. I am sure this gorgeous card will be gratefully recieved.