Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sweetie's Sketch with Inkspirations Colour Challenge



Well, I had a lovely day off school today - how good are holidays! They really are my favourite days in the whole year. I spent the morning getting a few jobs done and then had lunch with my good friend Carrie. I had a neck and shoulder massage at Westfield and came home for a three hour afternoon nap. Then I went for a walk to the broadwater and did some wii fit. Ben and I made and ate dinner and then lucky last I made a card. It really couldn't get any better. I must work out a way to make a million dollars so I can buy a house and give up teaching! Let me know if you know a great way of doing this!


My card tonight is for the Sweeties Card Sketch. I was blog-hopping tonight and hopped over there and I saw that I won the card sketch for July! I was so shocked, surprised and honoured that I won the card challenge. It made my already good day even better! While I was there I thought I might try their card sketch for August and I have combined it with the Inkspiration colours. I have had this SU designer paper for ages, have loved it, but have never known how to use it. Tonight it fell out of my scraps drawer and wanted to be used. I used a white background - I think this is the first time I have ever used a white background on a card. Victoria has inspired me to use white as she often does it and her cards always look so fresh and beautiful. I have added crystal effects and glitter to the flowers but I have taken the photo while it is still wet so you can't really tell yet. I coloured the flowers with SU Watercolour crayons and an Aqua painter and outlined them with SU markers.


While I am posting tonight I would like to thank Cheryl for this Inspiration Award:
Cheryl kindly encourages me with my card making and scrap booking by leaving such lovely comments and I really appreciate her blog support. Cheryl's blog is always inspiring as she makes such lovely creations.
Two ladies that also really inspire me with their card-making are:
I love visiting their blogs and I love the cards they make so I will pass on this award to Victoria and Jeannie. If you have time pop on over and see their lovely work.
Thats about it for me tonight. I hope you had a lovely day. Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

LINDA said...

Beautiful card!! Love the design and the colors are wonderful..Congrats on your award.. You so deserve it..
Hugs, Linda

Carol Dee said...

Great take on the sketch, I love the colors. Hey, Jeannie is a good choice! hehe, I visit her everyday, too. Hugs...

Alli P said...

Hi Alicia
I am so lucky to have such a beautiful sister! This card is beautiful!!
You inspire me with your enthusiasm for the beautiful things in life and I love having a personal card maker for all the events in my friends lives!
Love you
xx

Shell Jeanes said...

Oh this is just too sweet Alicia. Congrats on your Sketch win @ Sweetie's last month :) We loved your cards xx

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful,you did a fabulous job with the colour combo and love your DP!!!
xx

Byl Family... said...

Alicia,I love your card! The circle in the background with the four squares at the front is so effective! Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x