Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finally, something to post!


Hi fellow bloggers,

I have been waiting to post this for a few days now, but I had to add the last finishing touch tonight after a quick phone call to Mum (which lasted for an hour and then I forgot what I had to ask her and had to ring her back anyway, lol).
This is another scrapbooking page for my baby album. My Grandma died the year I was born which is why I feel she needs a special page of her own in my album. Her name was Alice and I am named after her. My second name, Maree, is after my other Nan - Marie. Both my Grandmas are such beautiful ladies and I always hope that I have traits of their personalites in me.
I started off following a sketch, but then I got a little side-tracked and it didn't end up looking much like the sketch at all.
Life is busy at the moment, end-of-year testing, reports, class-lists, and portfolios are all looming. I need to get back in the routine of making a card one night, then posting it the next night and beginning a new card ready to post the next night. Does that make sense? It helps me feel like I am on top of things! I will hopefully get one finished tonight and have it ready to show you tomorrow. I truely admire the most regular posters and aim to be one of them...but usually life gets in the way!
I hope you have a great evening.

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Alicia, Your Grandma is beautiful. A very nice page for her.
I will check in tomorrow and see if you got your card done. I don't seem to get to work on cards then I need to have a marathon session to get them all caught up.
Have a good and productive day, hugs...

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful,what a lovely LO for your album and something to treasure forever!!!
xx

Annette Bowes said...

What a beautiful page! How special! Know what you mean about life been busy, each week is merging into the next, not much time for crafting and people keep talking about Christmas!!!! Take CareX:)