Sunday, November 22, 2009

A beautiful gift...



Yesterday I received this beautiful gift from my teaching friends at school...and there is a long story behind it....

Ben and I have made the decision to move to Tamworth. We both grew up there and our families live there so after 12 years of living away we are moving back in January. We have both resigned from our jobs on the Gold Coast. I have resigned from my teaching job and Ben has resigned from his Finance job.

This was obviously a big decision for us to make but we do feel like it is the right thing to do at this time. For those of you who have never heard of Tamworth you can see a few pics here. Basically it is in North West NSW. It gets very hot and pretty cold! It is a regional centre, but we will be living out of town. It will be nice to get out of the city and slow things down a little bit.
Yesterday we had plans to go to Jo and Adam's house for an early dinner, but when we arrived it turned out to be a surprise Farewell party! I was so shocked, I was shaking! Both of us did not have the slightest suspician about the party. We had rocked up in casual shorts and t-shirts ready for a relaxing evening. Many teachers from work were there. It was a lovely night. I felt many emotions, and have still been trying to sort them all out today. I am still blown away that they organised such a wonderful night for Ben and I. It was very kind and thoughtful.
Amanda and Lucinda organised this gift for me. It is truely beautiful and captures five years of memories at our school. A lovely keepsake that I just had to share with you...and some big news!
The reason I haven't posted anything for 10 days on my blog is due to my dreaded reports. I finished them yesterday thank goodness. We have two weeks left now of school. Lots and lots and lots to do. It doesnt seem to ever end. But it will and everything will get done.
Thanks for visiting my blog today. Enjoy whats left of your Sunday...

9 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Alicia, where to start, what a beautiful present, there are also some talented craft teachers beside yourself, looks like lots of happy, fun memories. How fabulous a surprise party. Wishing the very best of everything with your move back to Tamworth, shall go and have a peek where that is now! Hope you shall still keep creating, look forward to your lovely creations, take careX:)

Leigh said...

What a gorgeous gift Alicia. Good luck with your move to Tamworth.

Wilma said...

Aww!! thats so lovely of all your friends to do that for you - the gift with all the pics and then your suprise party. As my geography is awful I have no real idea of how far you will be moving but from a cold day in Scotland it all sounds very exotic. xx

MadonnaDunn said...

What a beautiful gift Alicia. Congratulations on your big move. I hope that it brings you much peace a joy to be near your families. Good luck with the move and thanks for everything in the last couple of years. May your future journey be happy and bright! xo

Debra James said...

WOW- What a big deision but one im sure your families must love. When my daughter had to move away from home to get her permanency in teaching it was so hard not having her close by( shes home now and living close by and teaching a year 2 class as well) so as a Mum your Family must be so happy for you and your hubby to be coming home- so to speak.What a lovely gift you school friends gave you- a lot of fond memories to look back on. I wish you both the very best of luck in your new and exciting ventures. Cheers Debra.

Carol Dee said...

Big News Indeed !!! Good Luck with the move and new jobs. This gift is fabulous, thanks for sharing it with us. You have some wonderful friends. :) Here in the states my
Sunday is just beginning. Time to be off to church. Hope your day was peaceful. Hugs...

Kerrie said...

What a beautiful gift to treasure for ever. Enjoy your move, it will be wonderful being back in the country, and Tamworth is such a beautiful place, and when January hits it really takes of with the Country music festival.....

Loz said...

It must be so exciting (and scary!) moving to another place! Sounds like you'll always have friends on the Gold Coast to visit. Best of luck with your move... enjoy the beach before you go...!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a stunning scrapbook, did you use a template, I found you through linda's blog, your crafting is wow. janex