Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hooty in Car


This morning I have a card to share that I made for my brother-in-law Jay. He loves cars and this was the only digi-image I could find with a car on it. I am sure there are hundreds of others out there, just not where I was looking! I ended up using "Hooty in Car" by Louby Loo. I think he is a bit cute. The DP papers are from the SU Summer Mini Catalogue - Kaleidoscope. I added Crystal Effects to the car to give it a shiny feel and look - but you can't really tell in the photo. For such a simple card I did struggle with it quite a bit. Probably because it is a male card and you feel reluctant to "dress it up". Someone should come up with a range of embellishments especially for male cards...they would make a fortune.
I am entering this card in two challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches - for the sketch, and
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - Feathered Friends
This is the first day of my holidays where I havent had anything scheduled. A day at home! Although I will need to pop down and make a better start on my Christmas Shopping. I have a lot to organise. I haven't even put my tree up yet. (I know you will all gasp with horror!) But I wasnt sure if I would, seeing we are moving in mid-January. But without a tree there is nowhere to put wrapped presents, hence I haven't wrapped any! I think I need my tree up to motivate me to get those presents bought and wrapped!!!
I hope you all have a lovely day and thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

Carol Dee said...

I love Hooty's shiny new car! Nice and simple. You bet someone could get rich with a guys card line!
Okay, so I am not the only one running behind this year, *wink* Gifts are mostly done, but not wrapped. Tree went up yesterday! I have not even started my cards. HELP! I am starting to feel panicy. Oh-well I still have a little over two weeks. Better get busy.

Leigh said...

Oh excellent card for a male and I love the image.

Lucinda said...

WOW! You are so clever. i just love your cards.
lol Lucinda

Kerrie said...

Im sure he will love it.... its such a cute image.

Queen La Rubba said...

What a Hoot! Love your hot rod'n Owl!! Very creative and fun! Fab Card!! This is a wonderful card!! Thank you for joining us at "Sweetstampin" Challenge Blog for this weeks challenge!! Please come back for more of our weekly challenges! I just love your card and would love to see more of your work in our entries!!! Super fun card!!
HUGS!!
Rach

Lucinda said...

wow! i love your colouring in. How do you do this.lol Lucinda

LINDA said...

This is just adorable.. great job..
Hugs, Linda

Melissa Craig said...

This is really adorable! I haven't seen Hooty in awhile, it's nice that you used him and you did a fabulous job with your sketch.

Tammy said...

How cute is this! I love Owls and this one is so sweet.
Great Job on the sketch.
Thanks for joining us this week over at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Faye said...

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Where to start with what I like abot your card? Papers, layout, colours, image. Yum! X