Sunday, January 31, 2010

Male Birthday Card

I havent made a card or posted anything for ages... but I needed to make this card quickly for a 40th Birthday party last night. This card fits the challenge for Creative Card Crew. Their theme this week is "Punch it" and I used my tag punch for the Happy Birthday Sentiment. I used the colours Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa and Night of Navy. The image is a digi-stamp called "Jim with Beer".

I started my new job last week at my the school I will be working part-time for next six months. It is so different to my last school where there was 1000 students and in this school there is only 56 students. The schools are run very differently, so it will take me a little while to adjust I think.

Working part-time will be a lovely change and it will hopefully give me a little more time to create cards and other projects. I did promise to share some more photos of our new home and here is a photo I took a few days ago of the deer in our front paddock. They run away if you get too close so it is a distance shot of them having a rest in the shade.
I hope you have had a lovely weekend and I do thank you for visiting my blog.

Until next time,

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

A fabulous card,love all the detail!!! Such a beautiful photo,must be so peaceful!!
xx

Leigh said...

Great male card Alicia. Lovely photo too. All the best for settling into your new school.

Kerrie said...

Great card for a man.... they love a beer or two! ... enjoy your new school, you lucky duck working part time ...

Alleena Burger said...

Good to hear from you again. I was just wondering what you were up to. I am sure you will settle into the school well and will have a ball. Great card, especially if this was done at the drop of a hat!

Carol Dee said...

OMG, I love the view from your yard! I only have close neighbors, city hall and a tavern nextdoor! YUCKY. I so wish we lived out of city limits and had SPACE. Can't wai to see more.
Nice manly card today. Happy Sunday. Hugs....

chris said...

Wow what a card and what a photo brilliant love chrisxx