Saturday, May 15, 2010

Final Mother's Day Card

Good morning fellow blogging buddies,
This morning I have my last Mother's Day card to share with you. This is for my Mother-in-law and her favourite colour is purple so I made sure I used lots of purple on this card!

I followed the sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You. I am always intrigued by their sketches, they just look a little different to all the other sketches out there on blog land and I have been trying to play along recently. The DT cards are also always amazing and unique.

I waould also like to enter the Buttons, Bows and Butterflies challenge at Inspiring Inky Challenges. You have to include two of three of the mentioned objects. I have the bow and butterflies, but no buttons sadly.

I used SU Old Olive and Very Vanilla card stock with the gorgeous designer paper from Kimberley Poloson - Nature's Flora. I really didn't want to cover up the paper as I just love it too much so I cut out some butterflies and added them on.

I added some ribbon, flowers, pearls and hat pins to pretty it up a little. I used a SU punch to create the layers at the base of the card. It is a fairly simple card, but I hope my Mother-in-law really likes it. I will see her today at my nephew's b'day party and so will finally be able to give it to her.
I have to quickly make my nephew's card now before the party...

Have a great Saturday!

12 comments:

LINDA said...

Very beautiful..
Hugs, Linda

cnelson said...

Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE those colors!

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card! I love your cat Hone, too.

Carol Dee said...

Your Mother's Day cards are all great. This is my FAV. Just love the purple/green combination. Gorgous papers. Hugs...

siskus said...

Оууу,изпълнението с кърфичките е много готино,пеперудки и лаленца,много нежно!

Kerrie said...

I hope you like it, as its really pretty, over the dp, and how you have cut out the flowers and popped up.

Unknown said...

your card is so beautiful. The cut flowers make it extra fab
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful Alicia, loooove all that purple, sure to be loved, take careX:)

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Alicia, couldn't find your profile to get your email address, you said you liked the Scooter Inky Girl, would you like me to send you some stamped images, I can send you some of my others too if you like. Here is my email address:
annette@sealed-enclosures.com
Hope you have had a great weekend, take careX:)

Elaine Harding said...

Lovely card! Thanks for taking part in the Inspiring Inkin' theme challenge!

Elaine Harding said...

Lovely card - thanks for taking part!

Vannessa said...

This is so beautiful - thanks for joining in the Inspiring Inkin' challenge this fortnight.