Monday, May 10, 2010

Over-the-top Mother's Day Card

 My second Mother's Day card...only two to go after this one.  I am very belated due to our week in Japan...but it is okay because I will see our Nans and Mother-in-law this week to give them their gift and card.  I got them all Japanese fans as a present.

This one is definately over-the-top with all the flowers I have used!  But it is for Ben's Nan and she really likes flowers so I think she will like it.  I purchased these flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  They have many beautiful flowers to choose from.  The colours I have used are pinks and greens to enter the Totally Gorjuss Pink and Green Challenge.  I followed the sketch from the Allsorts Challenge Blog.  I tried to make a Shabby Chic look to enter the Die Cut Dreams Challenge.  I stamped some swirls onto the pink DP, distressed, inked and glittered the edges and added some lace with ribbon.

After I had finished making the card I went to the kitchen to make myself a hot chocolate.  When I came back I realised that the card went perfectly with my mug! So I had to take a photo of them together lol!

I will be interested to hear what you think of this card...I dont imagine it will be to everyone's tastes, but I think Ben's Nan will like it.  Thanks for visiting : )


10 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh so pretty!!

Jessie said...

I love all the flowers, you can never have enough! The layers and layout is wonderful too, beautiful card!

Susie Sugar said...

OMG !!! this is totally adorable Alicia
I love it to bits
Thank you from joining us at the DCD challenge this week
Hugs Susie & Vikki xx

Kerrie said...

I'm sure she will love it, very pretty.

Carol Dee said...

I do like it! All those lavish and lovely roses. I bet this beauty did not fit into an envelope! I am sure she loved it. Hugs...

Loz said...

lol! love that you photographed your mug! Where do you buy all those gorgeous flowers from?? I love your card... I'm sure any Nan would, did you make a box to put it in? Doesn't look like it will fit in an envelope!!
Did you get my email? You'll need another hot chocolate - it's a novel! lol! Have a great Tuesday ♥

Leigh said...

Love it Alicia. I don't think it's over the top at all. Gorgeous flowers and the colours are so pretty. You have been busy with your cards.

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful Alicia, your flowers are gorgeous and so beautifully arranged, I have a box of flowers and just so cannot get them to look right. Love the colours, pretty mug too, I am sure this card is going to be treasured. Fantastic 3rd Birthday card too, take careX:)

brenda said...

Hi Alicia

You might feel it's over the top, but sometimes you can get away with it and you have here, everything works together so well.

Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

scotspanda said...

wow I hope you're not posting it you'd have to pay a lot of postage for all those flowers lol It's gorgeous and defo not over the top

thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xx