Monday, June 21, 2010

One for the Boys

 I needed a card for my cousin Ambrose.  He was turning 15 years old.  We all know how difficult it can be to make a card for a 15 year old boy.  I decided on this digi image from Digi-stamp boutique - Josh with Football I think he is called.  I went for some boyish DPs and tried to keep it masculine and simple.  I coloured Josh with Copics.

Because I have been making some bulk cards lately I decided to make six of these as well.  But you can only see five in the photo below because I had given Ambrose his card before I took the photo.  So that leaves five for my growing card stash!
I thought these cards would fit with the following challenges:

Die Cut Dreams - Green and Blue Combo for a teenage boy
Creative Inspirations - One for the Boys
One Stop Craft Challenge - One for the Boys

My plans for a big crafting day today did not work out so well.  My sister rang me early this morning and asked me if I wanted to go to town with her.  We went and checked out a lingerie sale and I spent $100 on about 16 pieces of new underwear...they were really good buys and good brands, Calvin Klein etc.  Then I went to her house for lunch and chatted and played with her littlest girl while the eldest was at school.  So I didn't get home till about 4pm.  I made two cards tonight so will endeavour to post them soon.

Tomorrow I have an old school friend coming over for afternoon tea.  She lives in America and I keep in contact with her on facebook, but she is home visiting her family.  I havent seen her in ten years or more, so it will be a good catch up.

Then it will be back to work for the next three days...lets hope they go quickly and smoothly!

I hope you are getting some lovely crafting time in and making some beautiful creations.  Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.

Alicia xx

17 comments:

Carol Dee said...

A nice set of boy cards to have in your collection! I am low. I need to spend time in craft room. It is always good to have cards on hand. Hugs...

NGCARDS said...

A great card hun! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

chris said...

Hi Alicia, i love your one for the boys,its gorgeous.
hugs chris xx

Aunty Sue said...

Great set of cards and thanks for joining us at creative inspirations

Francesca said...

Wow these are wonderful , thanks for Joining us at One stop craft challenge this week
Hugs
Francesca

Loz said...

Oh, the dreaded boy card! Especially teenage boy! This is perfect! Your stash must really be growing, will have to start selling them soon!
Hope you had a great time catching up with your friend, xx

Leigh said...

Best laid plans, hey Alicia. Know the feeling. Cool card for a boy.

Annette Bowes said...

A wonderful boys card, great idea to do a batch, I must get back into that habit lol! Have a wonderful time with you friend catching up, take careX:)

Kerrie said...

Wow... Alicia, you are really on a roll..... super cute image.... its so have to find images for teenage boys!

Victoria said...

these are gorgeous Alicia, great idea to make a batch if you come up with a design you love.

Thanks for joining in at Die Cut Dreams
Hugs
Victoria and the DCD team
x

ladyjanet_56 said...

Great cards & what a good idea to bulk good luck & thanks for joining us at OSSC, Janet

Susie Sugar said...

•..ஜ۩۞۩ஜ..• Super Fabulous Creation !!!•..ஜ۩۞۩ஜ..•
Thanks for joining us at the DCD challenge this week
Hugs Susie & The Dream Team xxx

Cheryl said...

Oh WOW how cute are these,love your papers and fab colours!!! BTW love that cute image too....brilliant!!
xx

Unknown said...

Oh this is fab.. I love that image..very good for a young boy ( and we know how hard it is to make cards for that age lol)

Fab idea to bulk make...

Thanks for joining us at one stop crafts xx

Nicola said...

Brilliant cards Alicia and perfect for our challenge. Super layout and papers and wonderful ribbon detail.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola and the DCD Team -x-

Itzuvit said...

You've created such a beautiful card using our theme!
Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge this week! :)
Hugs Itzuvit xx

Kathryn said...

very cute!
Thank you so much for playing with us this week at OSCC!

Have a great day,
--Kathryn