Thursday, June 24, 2010

A sweet little card for a sweet little girl...

I have a card to share tonight that I made for one of my ex-students.  She rang me recently to say she made her First Holy Communion and Confirmation.  I thought it would be nice to send her a little card and she is such an angel, so I thought this image would be appropriate.

I went for the colours Lilac and Lemon for a challenge that is well and truely passed now.  And it was a challenge for me...I dont often use these colours together.  I coloured my paper flowers with Copic markers to make them match in.  I added a lace doily, some real lace, ribbon and a floral spray of little white flowers and pearls.  I drew on some faux stitching...sounds bad, but my sewing machine is in another room and it is too cold to go up there at the moment, so I am lazily using faux stitches instead.  Much quicker as well...and I don't have to think about what coloured thread to use : )

I would like to play along with:

Crazy 4 Challenges - Paper Flowers
Totally Gorjuss - Sugar and Spice

I am excited to announce I will be working as Design Team member for Paper Play Challenges.  It will be great to be part of a Design Team again and challenge myself to make some cute cards and visit and comment on people's blogs.  I will post my first card soon and hope you will all join in!

I am sick with a cold and so am having tomorrow off work, then it will be Friday and then the weekend again! Then only one more week of school before holidays!!!  Can you tell I can't wait?  I am excited because I have booked a week at the Gold Coast and plan to catch up with all my friends who I  miss so much.  I should post a pic of where we will stay.  Not far from where we used to live in these new apartments. 

Hope you are having a great week.
Thanks for visiting,



8 comments:

chris said...

Hi Alicia
what a little stunner, it is so beautiful.
hope you feel better soon, there sounds like there will soon be lots of time for crafting.
hugs chris xx

Carol Dee said...

Sweet card. You did good with the color challenge. Since we are into the heat of summer and tornado season the cold room sounds o.k. as I sit here and listen to it storm AGAIN. Basement is flooding. Yard is flooded.Crops are damaged. Ahhh, summer in IOWA, USA. Have a spendid holiday. Hugs...

Loz said...

Hey, hope you're feeling better, one more week then the Gold Coast - NOT FAIR!! I wanna come too! Love your card, I'm sure she'll love to receive it, have to ask how on earth you post it with a huge flower at the top?
Love the cute image, enjoy the weekend ♥

Leigh said...

Get better soon Alicia. Congratulations on your DT post. Pretty card and love the colours.

Cheryl said...

Absolutely gorgeous and such a beautiful colour combo!!!
xx

Karina said...

Dear Alicia,
You do lovely artwork. I like the style you make. I'll take a look again from time to time to see what's new here.
Love from Switzerland,
Karina

Annette Bowes said...

Stunning card Alicia, love all the gorgeous sparkle, she is going to loove it. Congratulations on the DT position can't wait to see what you create, hope you are feeling much better soon, take careX:)

Kat said...

This is really sweet. Love how you coloured the image and all that lovely glitter. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x