Friday, July 30, 2010

Tilda in Blue

 Tilda is probably my most favourite stamp and blue is my favourite colour so when I saw the challenge over at Die Cut Dreams - Tilda in Blue, I had to enter.  I dug out some old SU DP that my friend Amanda gave me a while ago and teamed it with that lovely blue ribbon from Craft Brulee.  The white added to the freshness of the card I think.
 I stitched around the four square panels, two with zig-zag stitch and two with double rows of normal stitching.  I coloured her with Copic markers, added a white doily, charm, flowers and sparkly gems at the bottom.
I went to an Antique fair with my Mum today and then we went and had afternoon tea...you would not believe how hard it is in Tamworth to get a cafe open at 4pm that sells decent food and make a nice hot chocolate...something I have been struggling with since I have moved back.  The other thing I really miss from The Gold Coast is the Chinese massage shops in the shopping centres where you dont have to book an appointment, but can just rock up and get a massage straight away.  My back, neck and shoulders are giving me a hard time at the moment, and oh how I would love to just walk in and get a massage.  Here I need to ring up and make an appointment and wait until there is a vacancy.  Mum says thats the thing with my generation we want everything immediately.  I agree...but not all things, I love to look forward to a package coming in the mail, or an online order that I know will be making its way to me...but when I need a good hot chocolate or a massage - yes! I want it asap!!

Hope you have a great weekend : )

15 comments:

chris said...

Hi Alicia, this is stunning, I love the way you have coloured tildas hair, you truly are inspiring, I always struggle with colouring hair.

I'm with you I love a good massage, but here in the uk they are so expensive, so it tends to be a birthday treat or something special, I do have a good chiropractor though, he's also expensive. but like you I have problems, so they just have to be sorted.
Have a great weekend love chris xx

Carol Dee said...

How sweet. Love the blues.
Your Mum and I are about the same age ! So you know I tend to think your generation is used to getting things instantly. To the point that impatiance shows in driving, waiting in checkout lines, etc... maybe that is here in the USA. Sure hope the rest of the world is not so cranky all the time. Life is too short to stress about the little stuff. Be Happy, Have a wonderful weekend. Big Hugs...

Karen said...

Ooooh this is gorgeous, love the ribbon work, thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Alicia, wow this is stunning, love your Tilda and as Chris says your hair colourings fantastic, can't help you with the massage I'm afraid lol, thanks for joining us at DCD hugs Liz xx

Pamela said...

Beautiful card Alicia, love the strong colours and your colouring is wonderful. Thank you for joing us at DCD this week.

Pamela x

Loz said...

Love the crisp blue and white combo, I really should make something of my own instead of coming on here to see what you've been up to! lol! She is such a cute Tilda and you've coloured her great! Good luck with the massage - I have never had one! Though after today I may need one, have to fill in for netball... oooh, will be so cold and I'll be so sore!!
Have a great weekend ♥

Deb said...

Your coloring is fantastic and there are so many lovely things to look at on this card, Stunning! Thanks for joining us for this weeks challenge at DCD
Debs
xxx

Cheryl said...

This is so beautiful Alicia,such a pretty shade of blue and fabulous colouring!!! Oh and love what you have done with the ribbon!! You know that scrapbooking challenge sound like a great idea,will email you!!
xx

Annette Bowes said...

Another beautiful creation Alicia, gorgeous colouring and Tilda is so adorable. We are not very patient are we lol, we do tend to want everything there and then! Have a wonderful weekend, take careX:)

Lillemor said...

Such an amazing lovely BLUE card you have made, I just love it- and your colouring is superb!!!
Lillemor

Mummylade said...

this is an adorable card! Thank you so much for entering the DCD challenge this week, good luck.

stephanne said...

Well, firstly, I hope your body gets squared away with a fabulous massage ASAP!! Your card is fantastic, love the classy colours together and your fabulous lace and flower details, very nice!!
hugs, stephanne

Victoria said...

this is stunning Alicia - I love the pleated ribbon, the stitching and the gorgeous blues you've used

Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams with your fabulous Tilda
Hugs
Victoria and the DCD team
xx

Chelsea said...

Hi Alicia, You make me want a message so badly now! lol That would be so so nice! :)
Your card is so pretty! Love Tilda in her blue dress, and your coloring...amazing!
Luv,
Chelsea

Leigh said...

Love it. Gorgeous colours and that ribbon is to die for.