Friday, August 13, 2010

"Scribble This" set of cards


Yesterday I was playing around with my old "Scribble This" stamp set from Stampin' Up. I hadnt used it for ages. I felt like embossing...even though it gets sooo messy, and I think I am allergic to the embossing powder...it gets in my eyes and down my throat...I must breathe it in I guess...don't ask me how! Anyway, I wanted to emboss white on black card. Then I stamped the flowers out onto white card and coloured them with Copic Markers.

I wanted to enter the challenge at Crafts and Me which is "Purple and Green". I coloured with these colours and added purple and green card. I added a button and tied it with a tiny bit of purple ric-rac. Added some faux stitching with my white gel-pen, some purple organza ribbon, some stickles and the card was done! I was having so much fun I wanted to make more...

Over at Allsorts Challenge they are also having a colour challenge and their's is Primary Colours: Red, Blue and yellow. This was my next inspiration. So I coloured these flowers red, blue and yellow and found some card stock to match.
I wanted to use buttons again, but didnt have any in the right colours so I coloured white ones with Copics and added some stickles on top.
I was still having fun so I decided to make another card! The Sir Stampalot Challenge for August is "Bring on the Bling" so I decided to make a shiny, "blingy" card. Instead of embossing in white I embossed using the heat and stick powder and then the silver glitter. It didn't photograph well unfortunately. I also embossed the white on black for the top flowers and added mini gemstones on the petals and in the corners of the card. I used my silver gel pen to do the faux stitching and the papers are from DCWV Alphabet Stack. The buttons I left white and just added glitter. The base of the card is sliver.
Finally I finished off with these two cards. The colour combo was pink and yellow. This time I stamped the flowers onto some DP and just cut them out. I coloured my buttons to make them pink and added glitter. One has a gold ribbon and one has the yellow ribbon. I added gold kindy-glitz to decorate.

I would like to enter all the cards in the challenge from Our Creative Corner: It's Embossable!

Thanks for visiting my blog today,

14 comments:

Kirsten...x said...

wow these all look fabulous...x

Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week hugs Kirsten...x

Carol Dee said...

These are really COOL! I especially like the green and purple one. Have a wonderful weekend, hugs...

brenda said...

Hi Alicia

What fabulous creations and how different they all look with the various colourways.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Cheryl said...

WOW these are gorgeous,the colours look so striking against the black!!!
xx

XxJULESxX said...

oh! love these cards!! gorgeous!

pinky said...

Very pretty selection of cards. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
Pinky

Crafteezee said...

Wow, you have certainly been a busy bee. Love them all but I think I have to say that the purple and green is my favourite. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have some candy on my blog if you want to hop over.

Kerrie said...

Alicia, you have been extremely busy.... have been on for a while and have just been through your cards, they are so amazing.... love all of them....

Teresa said...

Alicia I just love your button cards, a great idea.
Thank you for joining in at crafts and me this week good luck.
Teresa x

chris said...

Wow Alicia, love them all so much, you always amaze me how you just get on and do so many, and they are always so stunning.
hugs chris xx
thanks for joining us in the Sir stampalot challenge

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Vixykins said...

Hehe you've been having fun! Lovely designs hun :)


Thank You for playing Crafts and Me x

gina g said...

Gorgeous cards love the detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Francesca said...

A wonderful card with such great details , thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck
Hugs
Francesca