Monday, August 9, 2010

Some cards to share...

Good evening Blogging Buddies...
I am back from my weekend away visiting friends and so am behind in all my comments.  I promise to catch up tonight or tomorrow night and see what I have missed out on! 
I wanted to post these cards I made last week...another set of six...working on my stash again.  I wanted to "whip up" some Thankyou cards because I remembered this is what got me making these bulk cards in the first place ~ my sister wanted to buy off me a set of "Thank you cards" and I thought I would make up several sets....then I got way side-tracked and began making all sorts of cards and forgot about her request...slack I know, but she may have forgotten about her request too because we havent spoken about it since!

So anyway I made this little set up  to mix and match with some others I have made (and some I hope to make in the future) and finally give her a little pack of a variety of "Thank you cards".  This is what the inside looks like:

 And this is what the cards look like individually.






They are all fairly similar...just a few differences here and there.
I thought I might enter these in:
The Crazy Challenge - Forest Friends/Back to Nature
and

I have been very lucky to be a Top 3 Winner this week at One Stitch at a Time Challenge.  Can you see the badge in my sidebar?  They frame your card and that becomes the badge - pretty cool I think!  Thank you so much to the Design Team for choosing my card!  I am honoured.

I taught a 5/6 class for most of the day today and then a K/1/2 class in the afternoon.  I actually had a really nice day...sometimes a rarity on the Casual Teaching circuit.  I hope tomorrow is just as nice when I go back to the 5/6 class again.

I hope you are had a nice weekend and a happy Monday.  Thanks for popping over to my blog.
Take care,

10 comments:

Kerrie said...

Glad you have a great weekend!.... I'm sure your sister will love these thankyou cards, they are gorgeous, and how cool is you badge, love how it displays your winning card.... congratulations!

mckinkle said...

Another beautiful set of cards Alicia, did you try to get them done in an hour again?!

I love the blues and coffee shades together, very sophisticated!

Keryn x

Carol Dee said...

You have used this set and layout before. It makes for some very nice cards to have in the stash! I love the little added details on each. Have a wonderful week. Hugs...

VS said...

Your cards are delightful!!! I love the added elements that have the look of vintage buttons!!
Hope you have a GREAT week at school, teachers are life's angels here on earth. They just are appreciated as must as they should be, I appreciate you! :)
Hugs,
Susie

Bev said...

beautiful. love the colours you have used. ty for joining us at the crazy challenge xx

Merry said...

Wonderful cards...love the different buttons and brads.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous and the colours are beautiful!!! When I get a chance,I will be making another 6 chrissy cards!!
xx

Anne said...

Great little set of cards, thanks for playing along with us crazy girls
Anne x

Julie said...

Darling cards.

Thank you for joining us at CCT!

Julie

Annie said...

beautiful thank you cards! thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x