Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Father's Day Card #2

This was the card I made for my Father-in-Law for Father's Day but I havent had a chance to post it until now.  The papers are from the Prima Road Trip collection you can purchase here at The Craft Garden.  I inked and distressed all my edges for a rougher look to this card.  My Father-in-Law lives for fishing trips and does several every year so I used the Road Trip theme but changed it to a fishing trip.  I coloured a digi-stamp called Jim Fishing by Digi Stamp Boutique.
I used a SU tag punch to punch out the tag from the Road Trip papers.  I also used the SU Top Note die cut for the green background for the image.  The Happy Father's Day Stamp is also SU.  I cut it into three strips and distressed the edges.

I would like to play along with the following two challenges:

Cards For Men - Transport
(its a bit of a stretch, but going on a road trip/fishing trip means using transport to get there)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.


12 comments:

Carol Dee said...

What a wonderful Father's Day card. Bet he loved it. :)

Deirdre said...

Great card Alicia - love it.

chris said...

Hi Alicia, wow what a stunnning mans card, I find them so difficult you have certainly nailed this one. hugs chris xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Alicia this is super fabulous I love that image and your design is perfect thank you so much for sharing this with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Merry said...

Fantastic card....all those papers work so well together.

Jaspere said...

Wow! This is super colorful and has so many wonderful details. Thanks for playing along with us at Digital Tuesday.

Cheryl said...

WOW this is fabulous,love the papers especially where it says pack your bags.....lol....Love the colours and your brilliant colouring!!!
xx

Michelle Pearson said...

very cute card for a fella! Thanks for playing along the digital tuesday challenge! :)

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun, playful, and interesting card! There is just so much detail! Love it! Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

aardvarkpest said...

Great mans card. Love that image and the papers.

Glenda

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love your sporting card! Great colors and lot's of detail. Thanks for joining us for the Digital Tuesday challenge this week. I hope you'll join us for tomorrows new challenge.

XOXO
Kristine

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful card. That is good to go for a vacation. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.