Saturday, September 4, 2010

Learn Something New

Over at http://www.shimelle.com/ they are having a month of learning. I only found out about this class yesterday. It began on the first day of September. I signed up today so I am a few days late. From what I can gather so far, each day there is a focus for learning and then each night or the next day you blog or scrapbook your learning. I am choosing to blog, because I know I wont be able to scrapbook a page every day...my life is too busy at the moment. But I can handle blogging...it is fun and quick and easy. You are also meant to take photos as well and add that to your page for the day.

My learning today is: Jokes are a good conversational tool and help lighten the mood and break the ice when meeting someone new. Not to self: learn and memorise a few jokes to "pull out" when needed.

This is how my learning came about....I was dropping into my grandparents house for a quick visit today. I was there ten minutes and there was a knock at the door. I answered the door and the Parish Priest was there and the Bishop! They were coming in for a visit! I had no idea...My grandparents sat down at the table with them and I made them all cups of tea with my grandparents best china and served fruit cake and biscuits (whatever I could find basically!) They talked and chatted and then started telling jokes. My grandad loves jokes. The Bishop turned to me and asked if I knew of a good joke and...I had to say no...I couldnt think of one. You see I dont have the best memory, and although I have heard many jokes I can never seem to remember any...the only one I really know is "What do you call a man with paper underpants?....Russell" and I really wasnt keen on pulling that one out in fron of the Parish Priest and Bishop....So I think it would be good for me to have a few jokes up my sleeve...dont you agree!

Well, I am up super late tonight and must get to bed. I sorted out my 1950's outfit for the party tomorrow night...and bought the present...which is divine! I shopped the whole of Peel St (main street in Tamworth) for it. Tomorrow is a busy day...so I better get some rest. Thanks for popping on over to my blog. Hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

VS said...

Thank so much friend for your so sweet comment on my blog! I do agree...how wonderful to be aware of learning something new every day & I too am terrible at remembering a joke! I might get the beginning headed in the right direction but somewhere between that & the end I lose the punch line...I too need to learn to remember a joke. lol
Smiles & have fun at your party!!!
Susie

Carol Dee said...

Enjoy the class. Hmmmm let me think. I might even come upp with some jokes to send along. Happy Weekend. Have fun at the party. Hugs....

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh sooo funny - I think you should have told your joke!!!!
It's a great idea to take the time to learn one new thing every day.....we all end up rushing around and the simple pleasures seem to get lost..
Thinking, thinking!
Enjoy your party!