Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Smash Book Recipe Card ~ Health Slice (with choc chips)


 Hi Blogging Buddies,
This is my last recipe card for now...my little book is starting to look a little fuller!  This is called a Health Slice...but to make it healthy you are meant to add sultanas or dried fruit instead of the choc-chips...but we always add the choc chips.  I normally do 1/2 a cup of choc-chips for a less chocolatey version...but if you are a choc-o-holic try the full cup and see what you think.  This slice takes 5 minutes to mix up and put in the oven.  It is super speedy and a great lunch box treat.


 For this recipe card I have used papers, a note card, and flowers all from the Prima Annalee collection.  The Craft Garden stocks these products and you can purchase them here.  The Annalee collection is very vintage.  The cute little girl stamp is called Fairy Flora Frame and Girl and can be purchased here for 1.95 pounds, or $3.20 Australian, or about $3 American.  So cheap and such a cute little vintage girl I think.


 I am using the beautiful butterflies again...I just love them I ink them with vintage photo so they get that aged look and spray them with a little gold glimmermist.  And below is a close-up of the flowers also inked and glimmermisted with matching buttons on top.


Today was a pretty rough day for me...I will sum it up in two words: "feral children".  Thank God I have tomorrow off and then two more working days and then holidays for two weeks!!!! Yay!!!!  I cant wait...think of all the lovely crafting goodies I could create! I am so grateful to have such an enjoyable hobby to focus on when work seems really yuck.  Crafting is theraputic and cheers you up I reakon....don't you agree?  I hope your daywas better than mine.  Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

chris said...

HI Alicia.
this looks like a yummy recipe, belive it or not I am more of adried fruit kind of girl, I like chocolate but in bar form and on its own.
will be having a go.
love the idea of your recipe cards, will miss them.
hope you enjoy your time away from work. hugs chris xx

Carol Dee said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad class again :( YES, crafting is VERY theraputic :) Another pretty recipe card and tasty treat.Hugs....

Jessie said...

I totally agree, crafting definately helps keep me sane! Love all the detail on this card and the recipe sounds so yummy and simple! Enjoy your day off :)

Chelsea said...

What? Chocolate Chips are not healthy? lol I think it taste better with the chocolate chips. :)
The cute little girl stamp and the butterflies are so so so pretty!
Love,
Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Alicia, i love your recepie cards! Hugs bettina.

Loz said...

Health Slice with Choc chips = The BEST Health Slice!! Thanks for sharing this one... sounds super quick and yummy! I'm going to give it a whirl shortly - will let you know how it goes!! Thanks ♥

stephanne said...

Look at all this gorgeousness, and I'll bet the recipes are delish too!! Love the colours and fabulous designs. Ferals, eh? The good news is, you get to go home after work, lol!!
hugs, stephanne

Alleena Burger said...

Wow. I have just popped over again after quite a while and scrolled through all your creations. I love these receipe cards, they are all great. Looks like all is going well up there. And I see the lambs have grown quite a lot. Have a great weekend.