Saturday, October 16, 2010

Male 40th Card


Hi Blogging Buddies,
I made this card for my husband's family who are all going to a surprise 40th tonight.  We can't go because Ben is going to MotorCross and we are in Newcastle tonight staying with our good friends.  Mum is kindly watching over our animals.  The request for the card was a male silver 40th card...so thats what I tried to create.  It was fun and simple really.  I used DCWV Alphabet Stack.  Do you know I have nearly used every single piece out of this pad of 20 12x12 set.  If I see it again anywhere I am going to buy it because I love it so much!  I cut out the number 40 on my Cricut.  I cut it out three times each time a little bit bigger so it gets that layered effect.  Then I covered the top layer in Kindy Glitz.


I would like to enter two challenges:

Crafty Creations - Show a Number
Cards For Men - Happy Birthday

Thanks for popping over and visiting today.
I hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Alicia xx

9 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Alicia, what a lovely male birthday card, not to over the top, its really gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mckinkle said...

Super smart gents card Alicia, you just cant go wrong with a it of DCWV can you! I love it too!

Keryn x

Carol Dee said...

WOW a stunning card for a 40th Birthday celebration. I really like the LONG skinny card. Now I am going to have to look for that paper stack. Cool! Have a wonderful weekend, hugs....

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh, this is fabulous! Love the colors you chose for this card! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations!
melissa

Kerrie said...

Great card fro a male, like the way you have done the big 40, have been tossing up weather to get one of these machines!...

Leigh said...

Love the papers Alicia. Fabulous male card.

Merry said...

Wonderful card...you always make perfect male cards.

Sharon said...

Very stylish card. Love the papers.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Sharon x

Donnas Den said...

Wonderful card, Alicia. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x