Thursday, October 7, 2010

Southern Girls DT Card - 3-4 Layers


Hi Blogging Buddies,

I am very excited to take part in the Southern Girls Challenge for this fortnight. The theme is use 3-4 layers. I do love using layers on my card so I put in as many as I could!


Now onto our sponsors:

Scrapbox have given us some vouchers to be spent in store for one lucky Australian/New Zealand entry which will be chosen by random.org.  You have to love vouchers because then you can choose whatever you like!



For international entrants the winner can choose four meljen images of their choice.Meljen Designs and she would have to be one of my favourite digi stamp artists. I used this gorgeous image. I have used this image before and I really like it, especially cut out in a circle. I coloured with Copic markers.


The papers I have used in my card this week come from The Craft Garden and they are from the Jack'n'Jill collection. I do love this collection and dont have much left of it at all. I inked and glimmermisted the doily to give it more of an antique look. The base of the card is Kraft card stock and there is a notecard layered in there as well.


These gorgeous Prima flowers are also part of the Jack'n'Jill collection and they come with your paper pack. I added some little green Prima flowers on top and then some bink buttons. See - I even layered the flowers!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Totally PaperCrafts - The Great Outdoors
Digital Tuesday - Ribbons, buttons and/or bling
Fab'n'Funky - Use a digi image
So head on over and enter your card or scrapbook layout at Southern Girls and if you are interested sign up to be a GUEST DESIGNER for Challenge # 5 on the 4th November.  All you have to do is upload your layout, card or OTP project in the usual way (INT after your name if you aren't from Australia or New Zealand) and leave us a comment in the comments section letting us know you are interested.

15 comments:

Patricia Mae said...

Very pretty and I can't beleive you got the glimmer mist to show you really can see it. Awesome job.
~Patricia

Carol Dee said...

I think this card is really sweet. I loe the iages and colors and all those layers. Yes you do layers very well! Hugs...

Merry said...

This is such a pretty card....you make putting 3 -4 pieces of patterned paper together look so easy. That bow really finishes the card.

Cheryl said...

OMG Alicia this is so beautiful.......I love the vintage tone to it and your gorgeous embellies!!!
xx

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! :)

Loz said...

Love this image and how you've used all the other bits and pieces to bring it all together!!
Must be your lucky week too - CONGRATS on the Charisma Cardz win! You lucky, lucky thing!! Have fun with your prize!

Deirdre said...

Alicia, adore your card - just beautiful.

Kerrie said...

OMG, this is just stunning, love the layers upon layers, the vintage look, and that bow really sets this card of.... Kerrie x

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia
Such a beauiful card. I love papers you have used, they all co-ordinate so beautifully. The flowers look fabulous too!
Michelle :-)

karen said...

Hi Alicia, such a stunning card, I adore the image and colours, and that Bow!!..Thanks for joining us this week at Fab N Funky......Karen

pink lady said...

What a beautiful card, the image is gorgeous and all the details are so pretty...thanks for joining us this week at Fab 'n' Funky...hugs Shelly x

Anneke said...

Ooh, this is amazing!
love your card! Thanks for joining us at digital tuesday :) Hpoe you see next week!
Hugs Anneke

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is stunning what beautiful images, colours and design this is superb work thank you for sharing it with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Viv said...

Beautiful card Alicia! Love your colouring and distressing! Viv xx

Wendi said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card
I'm so pleased you found our challenge blog or I would of missed seeing this
Wendi