Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mad For Markers - DT - Untraditional Christmas Colours



Hi Blogging Buddies,

There is a new challenge starting at Mad for Markers and it is Christmas Cards in un-traditional colours. Just what I need to get a bit of motivation to work on Christmas cards. I am actually excited about Christmas this year. This will be our first Christmas in our own house since we got engaged 10 years ago! So Ben and I have never had Christmas in our house together before...we have always travelled home to visit family and stayed over at their houses...so it will be a nice change! I think it will be nice to decorate knowing that you will be there to enjoy it...and maybe we will have some people over and I will have an excuse to get out my Christmas table cloth and make some bon bons etc.

I dont have a lot of Christmas papers...its something I need to stock up on...but this was some papers from last year and they are not what I would call "traditional" Christmas colours. I used this oh-so-cute LOTV Christmas bear and coloured him to match the papers. I added blue and pink ribbon and some gems and Kindy Glitz for a bit of sparkle.

I coloured with Copic Markers and the colours were:
Browns: E33, E35, E37, E47
Turquoises: BG49, BG05, B02
Pinks: R85, R32, RV02
Outline: BG10, C-3, C-5


I would like to enter the following challenges:

Crazy 4 Challenges - Christmas
Saturday Challenge - Sparkle and Shine
The Town Scrapper - Two or more Ribbons
PollyCraft Monday - A Glittery Christmas

Thanks for stopping by,


8 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Carol Dee said...

My goodness he is the CUTEST Christmas bear ever! I have not started hristmas cards yet. At this point I just need to get through Thanksgiving with ALL the family here 1st. (I like the non traditional card color.)

Merry said...

So sweet and such a terrific layout for your card. How nice to be able to have Christmas at your house this year. We have three members of my family up this way and we alternate each year as to who's house we meet at for lunch. Always nice when it is our house.

Julie M said...

What a fab card, Alicia - and you couldn't have better colours for an Aussie Christmas - they make me think of ice-cream and the beach!! Perfect!!

Julie

Curly said...

Wow this is awesome Alicia and your colouring is fabulous,
thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 109 Sparkle and shine,
Good luck,
Hugs Bridget ;) x.
SCSC DT

Andrea said...

Very great card - nice motiv and great design! Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Helen said...

Such a cute card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Nilla said...

A lovely card! Thanks for joining us at SWF! Hugs Nilla