Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mad For Markers - DT - Australian Colours


Hi Blogging Beauties,

Tomorrow is Australia Day and a friend of our's birthday.
I made my Mad for Marker's DT card just for him.
How cool to have your b'day on Australia Day - you could always be assured of a public holiday!!

I kept my card fairly simple and let the image be the main focus. For the M4M challenge you have to use Aussie colours. You can choose yellow and green or red, white and blue.

To be honest I was a bit nervous about yellow and green...dont know if I have ever made a card with those colours before...but it turned out quite cute I think! Why dont you have a go and link yours up to Mad for Marker's Monthly Challenges.


I coloured with Copics and these are the colours I used:

Greens: G28, G07, YG23
Yellows: Y17, Y15, Y11
Skin: E21, E00
Greys: W-1, W-3, W-5, W-7
Salmons: R05, RV42
Outline: BG10

I would like to enter a couple of challenges please:

Craft Your Passion - Use two patterned papers
Paper Playtime - Anything party related
My Time to Craft - Spots and Dots
Cards for Men - Lets Party!

Thanks for popping over and seeing my card.
Have a great day!



9 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a fabulous image,love your colouring and LO!!!
xx

Kellie said...

I loooooove this! What a true Aussie spirit card!

Hugs,
Kellie

Karen said...

Alicia this is nothing short of FANTASTIC! You are sooooo good at colouring! I just love that image - it's a corker! lol
(just had to throw in some aussie lingo!)

Karen
x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Alicia this looks so much like my hubby, fabulous card love it. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxxx

Cheryl said...

Super card! I love the image and your coloring is perfect.

Merry said...

This card is so perfect for a birthday on Australia Day. What a fantastic image.

Carol Dee said...

What fun having your Birthday ona a National Holiday. It is like having your Birthday on July 4th (Independence Day) here in the U.S. Have Fun... Hugs...

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia

Oh gosh, where have I been?? You have certainly been busy since my last visit. This is such a fun card. So typically Aussie. Great image!

Michelle :-)

Sarah said...

Hi Alicia, what a fabulous bold card, I love the colours and the cute image (coloured so beautifully!!!). Thank you for sharing with us at Cards for Men, good luck with the challenge xxx