Monday, January 10, 2011

A Pink Tri-fold Card



Hi Blogging Beauties,


I had a little play last night and came up with this card. It is only my second tri-fold card I have done. I went for the distressed, shabby chic look. The papers were all SU scraps and the flowers are Prima.


I have some new nestabilities and punches, dont know if you noticed. I used a new Nestability on the front of the card. I ordered myself some goodies and they arrived the other day. I took a picture to show you....


It was my Christmas present to myself, but it went on a long journey and didnt make it until early January. I am slowly working my way through all the new goodies...some I dont even know how to work LOL!


Back to my card...it was hard to photograph, so I did the best I could.
I would like to enter it in these challenges:
Allsorts - Fancy Fold
Crazy for Challenges - Colour Inspiration
Cute Card Thursday - Out with the old (paper scraps)

We have been taking Milly for walks with us in the afternoon. She trots along...pauses to eat something at the side of the road and then races to catch up with us. If a car comes by we clip her lead onto her collar and hold her still. So it is Ellie, Milly, Ben and I walking down the road...we are quite a sight! She is settling in well and fattening up quickly. We cant really see that she is making too much of a difference in the paddock yet. We did have her on a lead tied to a heavy tyre for the first few days to see if she was settling in okay. But I let her go free today and she got through the fence and into the paddock that Jessie is in. That is full of long grass too so we dont mind her eating in there either. I think they have obviously became good friends. If I think of it I will take a photo to show you us all on a walk...I just love animals...they are such good friends.

I'm off to try and get a card made!
Thanks for stopping by,



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your shabby tri-fold card Alicia. Love your pile of new goodies too....I bet you are having a lovely time working your way through them. I am waiting on some new crafty goodies too....nothing better is there:-))

Rebecca/Sydney's Sentiments said...

Shabby chic done to perfections!!! Really great job. Thanks for playing along at 2 Sisters.

Carol Dee said...

Wonderful trifold card. Love the shabby chic look, you do it well.
And that pile of goodies. WOW... like Christmas has came again. Have fun, hugs...

Lavender and old lace said...

Dear Alicia oh wow these are lovely,that present to yourself is very yummy enjoy your purchases love Dorothyxxx

Viv said...

Beautiful card Alicia! And lucky you with all those goodies.
PLEASE take a piccy of your walks...sounds hilarious! And yes, animals are the best friends!

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous Tri-fold card Alicia, fantastic distressing! Lots of fun to be had with those wonderful goodies, looking forward to seeing what you create, take careX:)

Karen said...

Wow! What a fabo pile of new goodies Alicia! I'm waiting on a big pile of new stamps......they've arrived in Australia, but with the floods happening I'm not so sure how they'll get to me! Not to worry, the people down south are more important than my stamps, so I'll happily wait!

Love your trifold card too, it has a bit of a shabby chic look to it which I love!

Karen
x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fab card love the colour and the flowers look great...

thanks for joining in the fancy folds challenge at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Julie said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Sassy Scrapper said...

Hey sweetie! Wow your card is gorgeous I love the soft colors and the fancy fold is awesome! Great job!
Hugs Bonnie

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oops sorry forgot to mention Happy Christmas to you. I love all your new goodies!

Annie said...

thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday with your beautiful card, and I hope we see you again next time.
hugs, annie x

Pat said...

Very pink, pretty and "girly". Thanks for joining us this week at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog. Good luck with the challenge!

Pat :)

Michelle said...

Stunning card Alicia! I have not tried to make one of these yet but you inspire me to give it a go.

Lol, you guys must look quite a sight trotting down the road together.

Michelle :-)

Amanda said...

This card is awesome, I love it, you are amazing x Amanda

Amanda said...

This card is awesome, I love it, you are amazing x Amanda

scotspanda said...

aww this is a lovely card, the colours and papers are beautiful

thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts

hugs

Amanda xx

Loz said...

Wow, I've missed some stuff, so I'm just starting at the bottom post! I the look of all those goodies and that gorgeous spellbinder shape - think I have that one? Anyways... enjoy playing.. I've been spending up a bit too - well it is nearly my 30th birthday!! ♥