Thursday, February 24, 2011

Southern Girls DT ~ Brads, Gems or Dew drops



Good Morning Blogging Beauties,

Today is the beginning of a new challenge at Southern Girls!
This fortnight we are asking to see Brads, Gems or dewdrops on your creation - how easy is that!  I made a special card for my Aunt to give to her son for his 30th Birthday.  She requested something "arty".  This isnt my usual style for card-making but I had lots of fun creating this card and distressing everything. I hate brads...can never get them in the right place without creasing the paper and having the little metal ends hidden, so I used little gems and coloured them in with my Sepia Copic marker to make them look kind of like brads.


So now onto our very kind and awesome sponsors..........
New Zealand/Australia Sponsor

International Sponsor
I thought I might play along with these challenges:

Anything Goes - Distressing
Scrap Creations - Birthday cards
Craft Your Passions - Male Card or Project 
Kaboodle Doodles - Break Tradition

Hope you have a lovely day today : )


10 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Great Artsy Card. I know what you mean about brads, I have a ton that never get used. :( Hugs...

Kerrie said...

Great males card... love the distressed look...

Deirdre said...

Alicia, love what you created. So fun. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

sue said...

love the way you have distressed this card thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Tamara Morton said...

Great collage card. I love the big lettering in the center. Thank you for joining in at Craft your passion this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Tamara Posh Cat Crafts!

Mary C said...

This is such a wonderful coolage birthday card Alicia. I love all the elements you incorporated on it. Wonderful work! Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

This is so much up my street. Love it ...so many elements to look at.

Stephanie said...

Very nice! Great layers. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Patsi said...

loving this very trendy and different xx

sue said...

so sorry i missed this post this is a great card and the distressing is fab thanks for joining us at anything goes xsue x