Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mad for Markers ~ DT ~ Colouring with Greys



Hi Blogging Beauties

This is my DT card for the current Mad for Marker's Challenge
Colouring with Greys.  

If you need to purchase some grey Copics I recommend you head on over to Sammi at Mad for Markers and go shopping!  I get all my Copic supplies from Sammi and she is wonderful to deal with.  While you are there check out the yummy new stamps she has in stock as well!!


I had a really enjoyable time making this card.  It was a special order for a lady who wanted a birthday card for her friend of hers who loves cooking.  This is my first time at every colouring a whole image in grey...well I added a couple of colours as well.  I was trying to go for a Sepia look like the photographs that also have little bits hand painted colour in them...do you know the ones I mean.  The really old photos.  I know my Mum has some really old ones with hand painted colours on them.


In my collection of Copics I have the warm greys and the cool greys so I went with the warm greys in this card.  The colours I used are:

Greys: W-1, W-3, W-5, W-7
Other colours: R20, E35, E33, E31, R29, R59

This was a really fun challenge! 
I recommend you have a go!
I loved it.
Thanks for looking and happy colouring.

Alicia xx

P.S The winner of my latest magnolia candy was Kasey.  Congratulations Kasey!! I will get in touch with you.  I will have more candy up for grabs in the next few days...
thanks to everyone who entered.

9 comments:

Philippa Petty said...

Hi Alicia, this card is so lovely. I love the contrasting red. I have both these magnolia images and totally forgot all about them. Might have to pull them out of the box. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

OH WOW! Alicia, thank you so much for your generousity. New stamps are always a blast to play with. I don't know if I left my email so here it is. ksc@internode.on.net

Merry said...

Who knew grey could look so good. Love the whole effect Alicia. Great card.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Absolutely gorgeous.......i love the Tilda...........

Hugs
Judith

Carol Dee said...

Wonderful vintage look. Mom also has some of the old hand tinted B&W photos. One is of ME !!!
LOL, guess I Am OLD... Hugs....

Bron said...

I love it. The colouring looks fantastic and the papers match in so well. I am sure this card will be very well received. Hugs from Bron :D

Cre8tiveVet said...

You are so creative! I love your cards! I have a blog award for you at my blog. cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Loz said...

I know the photos you're talking about and I love them! And you card! the polka dot DP is perfect for the look too, love it ♥

TRACEY O said...

Cute card Alicia.