Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sea Themed and 80 Years


Hi Blogging Beauties, 

Hope you are enjoying your long weekend (those in Aus) it is very chilly, but so nice to stay home and snuggle up, watch movies, read and make cards.
I made these two cards as a special order.
Two male 80th Birthdays with a sea theme.
Did my  best.
I made a couple of plain 80ths first and hated them so these are my second go.
I ended up being relatively happy with them.
Anyway the lady liked them and bought them so that is the main thing!


Has anyone read the book the Bark Cutters by Nicole Alexander?
I finished it today.
(Carol this is a great Aussie read if you are interested.)
I loved it and found myself really relating to the story.
I thoroughly recommend it, especially if your family owns a farm that has been passed down through the generations.  I am keen to start the sequel asap.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Thanks for visiting,

Alicia xx

7 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Thanks for the book tip. I will see if the library has a copy or a trip to Border's. Those are great cards. Especially like the one with shells. hugs....

Julie said...

Oh my goodness,these are amazing nautical cards. I live the first one best,the rope looks brilliant!!! X

Anonymous said...

This card is really adorable!! I love the added sea shells and colors!! Thanks for sharing! Smiles

Merry said...

These are both wonderful cards Alicia. The colours and papers are terrific.

Leigh said...

Great nautical themed cards Alicia. Love them.

Loz said...

love the top one with the shells! have a great day off today.. will def have to check out that book ♥

Kerrie said...

Both cards are great!... love the little touch of shells.