Saturday, August 27, 2011

Create a Scene Challenge at Mad for Markers




Hi Blogging Beauties,

Before I get onto my card I just wanted to appologise for being such a bad blogger lately.  I have lots of comments from lovely people that I have read, but havent published yet because I wanted to return the favour and leave you a comment too.  I hope to get to those tomorrow.  Life has been busy and everything seems to be getting left to the extreme last minute including my posts this week!  I hope to turn over a new leaf next week and get right back on top of everything.  So thanks for being patient with me.


Over at Mad for Markers the entries for Ashlee's "Create a Scene" challenge are looking amazing and so are the inspiration from the DT!  I picked a Magnolia image for my card and I have always wanted to try a cloud background.  I visited youtube and came across this great video by Annika Ryan which I watched and tried to emulate.  I didnt have the same colours as her so I used what I had.  Then I watched a tutorial by Melyssa Connolly on how to colour grass and gave that a go too.  I have included links to the videos in case you want to check them out yourself.

The Copics I have used on my card are:

Reds: R53, R46, R59
Yellows: Y15, Y17, Y38, Y02
Hair: E35, E57, E37, E31
Skin: E11, E51, E02, R20
Sky: B93, B32. BG000, C-0, C-1
Grass: YG67, G99, GY63, YG03
Warm Greys: W-1, W-3, W-5, W-7


Since the image is so large, and the focus,  I kept the rest of the card fairly simple.

I hope you can find a little bit of time to join in our challenge!
The winner will have a GD spot at Mad for Markers.
You have a week left to enter.

Thanks for stopping by,

Alicia xx

10 comments:

Merry said...

This is so stunning Alicia.....love all the red and the way you have added the ribbon.

Mary J said...

Hello Alicia honey! Hope real life calms down for you soon! :)

What a beautiful card! Amazing colouring as usual and that scene is so pretty!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cheerful card - love it :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia

Hope you are well.

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! You have really got the hang of clouds and grass for sure!

Michelle :O)

Carol Dee said...

Your sweet girl in garden Magnolia is colored perfectly. I love the flowers in her hair and her garden tools. Juat adorable. A fun and bright card.
I am sure things will start to fall inplace soon and we will get to see more of your fun and lovely creations ;) Hugs....

Sandra H said...

This is gorgeous coloured to perfection too!:) Sandra H

Linda Wescott said...

Great background, your colouring is really wonderful. I love the double bow element too. Hugs lin

Cheryl said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Alicia,your clouds and grass are fabulous!!! Thanks for your lovely comment!!
xx

Sammi said...

This is GORGEOUS Alicia!! LOVE it! So sweet! You've done such a brilliant job on the clouds and grass!!
Thanks for a great post on M4M :)
Hope things calm down soon!! Life is pretty crazy hey!
Sammi
xxx

Bron said...

WOW WOW WOW you rocked this card. The colouring looks amazing will go check out the tutuorials. Love the simplicity as it allows your colouring to shine! Hugs Bron Bron xox