Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A New Arrival...


Hi Blogging Beauties,

I would like to introduce you to Herbie.  He is a day-old lamb that was left by his Mum at my sister's farm.  They already have several bottle-fed lambs and so asked if I would take him.  Of course I said yes as I just LOVE baby lambs.


My sister has a rule at her house dont name a lamb until it is five days old.
This is because they can die very easily.
Unfortunately I am already in love with him and have named him Herbie after my deceased Grandfather because he is so wrinkly and reminded me of him.  I hope he stays alive so I dont get a broken heart!


Ellie and I are sharing the motherly duties.  I feed him and Ellie cleans him up.
They are so cute together.

Last night he slept in a box in our laundry, but tonight he is out sleeping with Ellie. 
I just went and gave him his late night feed and they both seem to be doing ok.
I hope the night goes smoothly for them both because I cant wait for more fun tomorrow!


Here is Herbie taking an afternoon nap.


I just had to share him with you.

Alicia xx

8 comments:

Jessie said...

Awwww congratulations Alicia, he is just adorable! Love his name, it suits him perfectly. Here's to a long and happy life to Herbie!

Sandra H said...

Oh so adorable:) Sandra H

Viv said...

Awwww! Good luck with your new baby, hope he thrives under your care and with Ellie's help of course!

Carol Dee said...

Awww Herbie is ADORABLE !

kiwimeskreations said...

May Herbie have a long and productive life!! He is so cute.
Blessings
Maxine

Mary J said...

Awwwww, I am in love with Herbie too! I have loved this post - thank you for sharing Alicia!

Kerrie said...

Sorry I've not been around of late, been so busy with family and work.... Now this lamb is just adorable, thats the joys of living on a farm, all the wonderful animals...

Leigh said...

Aaaaawwwww how cute is Herbie? Thanks for sharing your fabulous photos Alicia.