Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday's News....


Hello Blogging Beauties,

In my last post I said I was turning over a new leaf with my blogging, well I am up to date on comments and I have some lovely new cards to share...and some other stuff as well.

Yesterday I made three cards all in a row!  But I cheated.  I did not colour a single image.   I was on a bit of a time constraint you see.
The first one was a baby card for my beautician.  She has recently had the cutest little baby girl I have seen in awhile.  They named her Ivy Rose.  This image I printed out coloured and simply attached to the card.  I added a little glitter to the wings.



 The second card is for my nephew Ryan who turns four today.  He loves motorbikes and his big brother (aged six) has his very own so I though this Kenny K image would suit.  
I didnt colour it at all - how lazy! I just left it black and white.

I thought I would enter this card in the Cards for Men Challenge - Sports.


The third card was a special order for a friend to give her nine-year old daughter. Her birthday is also today.    She loves dogs so I used this image and printed it out already coloured as well.
The gorgeous swirl pearls were sent to me from the lovely Liz.  It is the first time I have ever used those on a  card and I can see why people love them.  The papers are Prima.  The ribbon came out red in the top photo but is closer to the pink in the bottom photo.



I would like to enter this card in Digi Day's Challenge: Lots of layers.

So that is the cards taken care of now onto a few other things....

Sadly I am stepping down from the Southern Girls team after spending a lovely year with the team.  They are currently having a Design Team call so if you would like to be a part of one of the friendliest Design Teams in blog land head on over here and enter.

Finally, last night we picked up our new puppy Tommy.
He is adorable and Ben and I fell in love with him in the first hour we had him.
Here are a couple of pics....





Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I hope you have a great Tuesday!

Alicia xx


13 comments:

Merry said...

Alicia....each of these cards are perfect for the occassion you have made them for. What a beautiful name too for a little girl...Ivy Rose. Your puppy is so very cute but by the looks of his paws he won't stay tiny long. :-)

Mary J said...

Gorgeous card, Alicia! But I'm afraid Tommy has taken the limelight - he is just ADORABLE!! I wanna another puppy now!!

Irene said...

All your cards are brilliant,as usual,it's not cheating at all.Oh wow, isn't Tommy the cutest little fella, I can see why you have fallen in love with him.Thanks for the lovely comments.
Irene xx

Liz Weber said...

Gorgeous cards Alicia, love that you printed out that image already coloured and that bike image looks perfect as is and that happy birthday card is just darling! So glad you could use the pearls, they look so pretty! Congrats on the newest member of your family, pretty cute for a dog! Have a great week Alicia! Thanks for the email, glad you got all the goodies and cards!

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh my you puppy is so cute. Congratulations-I wish you all many happy pet filled years together. Your cards are awesome too! Love that sweet little angle sleeping on the flower. Great layout and embellishing. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Things with Wings Challenge this week. It is a delight to visit to see what you made for our viewing pleasure. Good luck in the drawing and we hope to see you next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Canne said...

Gorgeous card and thanks for joining us at Cardmadfairy's digi days challenge

Carol Dee said...

The cards might have been quick ( it is not cheating to use colored images.) but perfectly wonderful. I like the baby card. So precious and the red/black/white boys BD card is super.
Tommy is cute (all babies are.) What breed is he? Those feet look huge! If he grows into them he will be a big boy :)
Hugs...

Sandra H said...

All your cards are lovely aswell is Tommy he's just adorable:) Sandra H

Carol Ann said...

Lovely card Alicia love all the pearls and that gorgeous red ribbon with the beautiful sparkly buckle. Thanks for playing along at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days this time.
Carol Ann xx

Brenda said...

Adorable card Alicia! Thank you for playing with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge.

Mandy said...

Brilliant card ,Great colours and the image is fabulous....thanks for sharing with us at Cards for Men,hope to see you next time...Oh and your puppy is so adorable,I want him...But I have my boy Jack already,hence the pic...
Mandy x

Sandy said...

Three gorgeous cards, great images and fab papers and embellishments, lovely!
Sandy

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your image and papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx