Thursday, December 8, 2011

Teacher Apple Cards


Hi Blogging Beauties,

How has your week been treating you??
Mine has been busy.  I have been working every day this week.
Today was my first one off.
I have been trying to work on those wedding invites...I keep thinking I am about 1/3 of the way through, then I realise after another session I am still only 1/3 of the way through.  But I am sure progress will start to happen for me soon!!

I was asked to make some "thank you teacher cards" because school finishes up here in one week.  I used this apple from Meljen's Designs and enlarged the digi big enough to make an apple card.  This first one is my fave.  I am a sucker for red and white gingham...but I only had one little square of it, so I had to do my best with what I had for the other two.

Here is a close up of my favourite.


This next one I still went with red paper and tried to add a bit of black and lace for a different look.


This last apple card I went for more muted greens. 


They all turned out a little bit different, which is nice.
I hope the teachers like them.

Tomorrow is massive for me.
I have to house clean, grocery shop and prepare for a family dinner at my house.
Also I have a hair appointment booked.
Dont ask me how I plan to fit all this in.
I did some house cleaning tonight...but my belly is aching...it means sit down and stop doing things!!  Plus I have to go and get my Dad a b'day present (as the occasion is for his birthday) and make him a card...crazy I know.  I might go and try to get the card done now before I go to bed.  

Thanks for stopping by...I hope your week is not as crazy as mine!!
I plan to pop on over and visit you on the weekend.

Take care,

Alicia xx

7 comments:

Mary J said...

These are so much fun, Alicia! Gorgeous embellishing!

Irene said...

These are magnificent Alicia, I love them. Such a cheerful worm. Brilliant.
Irene xx

Carol Dee said...

The red gingham is my favorite too. I am sure the teachers that recieve these will love them. Things are always crazy here. But I would not have it any other way, boring. :) LOL. Hugs....

karenw said...

These are so very sweet - love the gingham one but also the last one, the greens are lovely.

December is madness isn't it? be glad when next week is over and we can cross off kids sport for a month or so.

hope you had a good rest and your belly doesn't ache too much.

xx

kiwimeskreations said...

beautiful cards Alicia - do hope you day has gone well for you.
Blessings
Maxine

Jessie said...

They are so adorable! Hope you are having a great week x

Cheryl said...

Sorry if this is a duplicate. Blogger is being a bit naughty today.

Cute cards! I love the mix of papers you used and the cute way you added the sentiments. These are sure to be a big hit.