Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Handcrafted Christmas Gift


Hi Blogging Beauties,

Thanks for stopping by.
Over Christmas I made three hand-crafted gifts to give.  Only one of which I remembered to photograph (I am so sad about that) but it was such a busy lead up and often I was finishing the gift on the day I needed it!!  

This was a plain sketch book that I covered for my cousin Danika.  She is an artist in her spare time.  I have one of her beautiful drawings framed and hanging in my hallway.  We had her for "Kris Kringle" and I bought her some perfume, but I wanted to get her something "arty".  I wasnt sure on the products she used so I ended up buying her this blank sketch book.  Then I decorated the cover.


 I entitled the book Dreams, Doodles and Designs.  I hoped that would allow her the freedom to use the book as she wished.


The main paper covering the whole page is from the DCWV "The Mariposa Stack"  All the other papers are Kaisercraft and collectables (the cut-outs) from the "Sweet Nothings" collection.


This is an old Prima butterfly I have had in my stash and a gem stone swirl.

I have been keeping very busy.  After the cleaning of the craft room Ben and I have been inspired to continue our clean.  We rearranged all the furniture in the lounge room and have ordered two recliners that we will pick up in a few weeks.  I am looking forward to getting my pregnant body in one of those!!  I took a few boxes and bags to St Vincent de Paul's today and we are loving how good it feels to clean out some clutter!

I have my candy all ready to draw out...think I might do that tomorrow!

Hope you had a lovely day.
Take care,
Alicia xx

5 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Fabulous gift for the artist. I gave my sister a sketch journal of handmade paper. She loved it. I bet Danika really loved this one.
Will the recliners be rocker recliners? Do you have a rocking chair? Going to need one soon. :) Have you started on the nursery? We want to see.... Hugs....

Jessie said...

Oh wow Alicia, It's beautiful! Love all the little touches! I hand made a few presents too and like you I was rushing and forgot to photograph them! I really need to be more organised next year!

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, your creation is truly amazing:) Sandra H

Mary J said...

Wow, simply gorgeous Alicia! I lvoe how yiou put all the images together and used the doily to give it a lift!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love what you have done to this book - it is fabulous. The vintage 'feel' of it, and the many layers made an awesome gift.
Blessings
Maxine