Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mad for Markers ~ Colour Something to Look Wet



Good morning,

I have a mermaid to share today.
I challenged myself to colour a background for her as well.  I havent put her on a card.  She is kind of like a mini piece of artwork.  I coloured the mermaid first with these colours:

Skin: E04, E11, R20, E00
Hair: Y06, Y17, Y38, E35
Bubbles: B00, B02, B05, BG000

Then I followed a utube video on how to colour water and used the following Copics:

Water: B39, B24, BV17, B12, BG01, BG10, BG000

It was certainly a challenge for me but I enjoyed it!

I hope you have a beautiful and happy Easter weekend.

Alicia xx


8 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Alicia, this looks fantastic! OMG, how did you do that??? It's one of the best underwater scenes I have ever seen!!! Hang it on the baby's wall!!

Happy Easter!

Hugs!

Carol Dee said...

The watery background looks great! Have a fun and relaxing weekend, hugs...

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your coloured background - well done - it is a lovely 'piece of art'.
Not long now until Junior puts in their appearance :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Jessie said...

It's amazing Alicia!!! Happy Easter!

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, hope you have settled into your new property, your card is amazing l do like mermaids and this one is a stunner, beautifully coloured too! enjoy your Easter:)x

Blankina said...

Alicia happy Easter!! How you are doing?? I will waite for news and than I will make a personalized card for the new born..Okay??
Great colouring on your card!!

Ciao Blankina

Mary J said...

Wow, gorgeous colouring Alicia! That is such a brilliant effect!

Merry said...

I think you have done an amazing job of colouring the water....this is so terrific. Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter.