Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Art Journalling, Photos and a Card



Hello Blogging Friends,

It is a beautiful day here today.  We have been to Pilates, washed the car, had lunch and I think it is just too nice to stay inside...so after blogging we are off for a walk with the puppies.  I must have got a good night's sleep!! Seem to be full of energy!

This week I have been doing more research on Art Journalling.  I went and bought some supplies and have completed my very first page.  I painted it with water colours onto water colour paper, then used a black texta and a white gel pen.  It was really fun...freeing...easy.  I really put no planning or thought into this...just had fun with it.  There is so much inspiration out there on the internet.  I have heaps of cool tutorials saved on Pinterest.



I took these photos yesterday when I went for a walk.  This is my favourite spot to look back over the beach.  And the photo below is of some daisies growing.  





Alas..no Copic colouring to share this week...but I am determined to get into it...just need some more inspiration I think!  I do have a card to share that I made...a Christmas one...dont know why I am making Christmas cards at the moment...I added lots of glitter as you can see...(sorry the photo seems a bit blurry).



Lastly Nicholas...(and Ben today)! We have been meeting Ben for Lunch on a Thursday which has been fun.  This is them last week at this cafe in Newcastle we go to.  I have bought Nicholas a little hat because he hates the sun in his eyes.  Look at his little tummy!! He is a chubby little baby.  I know you know I love him so much!

Well thats all from me till next week.
Hope your life is happy,

Love Alicia xx

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely spot you live in - and a fantastic photo of Ben and Nicholas - is Nicholas gurgling yet? My grandson is, and teething too - much to his mothers horror!
Love the art journal page - you look a natural at it! The card is pretty too.
Blessings
Maxine

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, Sounds like your having a great time with Nicholas and hubby your days are filled with lots to do and enjoy your pictures are fabulous and how great your having good weather we have rain again!! so pleased your keeping us informed with your life and the little one its always a pleasure to view your blog and a great card too! take care xx

Carol Dee said...

Oh-oh another addiction in the making! Great 1st art journal page. :) I love the beach view from your place. Living in Mid-America the ocean is a very far away place.
It is never too soon to begin those Christmas cards. ;)
How nice that the three of you can enjoy a lunch weekly. the cafe looks like a great place.
Hugs to all, and extra smooches for Nicholas.

Rachel Parys said...

Cuuuuuuuute!! Everybody loves a chubby baby! They're my favorite!!!

Jessie said...

Love your art journal page and your Christmas card! Your photos are amazing too, what a beautiful view!

Blankina said...

Beautiful beach over there Alicia and love your art journaling...seems interesting to do.
I have made some x-mas cards too, posted one today!
Give your little man a hug...ciao from a hot Italy,
Hugs Blankina

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Alicia, playing catch up here, lovely art journaling, breathtaking views, think I would be spending as much time as poss walking lol! Your little fella just gets cuter every day! Gorgeous colouring of Sara! Beautiful pics of you/Nicholas and you/nieces, you look really well, motherhood is definatel agreeing with you lol! Take careX:)

Merry said...

What beautiful art journalling you have been doing. Lovely photo of Newcastle too. Can't believe how much I have missed out on your blog. So many wonderful creations and great photos.