Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Blogging Friends ~ Getting to know Carol Dee

Blogging Friends Feature

One of the best parts about Blogging is meeting new friends all over the world.

I thought it would be nice to create a bit of a community on here so everyone can get to know each other a bit! I would like to start a new feature about my blogging friends... and I would love you to take part! Please send me an email if you would like to be featured on my blog...it might even get you some new followers.  If we all follow each other on blogs and social media that would be great!

Let's start things off with Carol...

Carol is a very longtime blogging friend of mine.  I found the first post she comment on and it was back in July 2009.  I think she has commented on every single post I have made on my blog since! What an incredible effort!!!  Carol is such a beautiful person, I am so lucky to know her...one day she is going to come and visit me in Australia!!!  Here is what she has to say...


*HELLO* my name is Carol D. Roe.
I live in the U.S.A. in small town America, Long Grove, IA.
I am married to my DH 37 1/2 years. We have 2 sons (34 and 31 come Nov.) and 2 grandsons (7 and 4 come Dec.)
I sporadically keep up with my blog *Just Me*  http://justme-cdr.blogspot.com/ You can visit me there. When I get around to posting it is usually card related, something funny or Family. Here is a link to a recent post http://justme-cdr.blogspot.com/2014/09/long-time-no-see.html that has some of each. Winking smile emoticon 
I really do not Face book much, I do NOT tweet or text. I still use an old fashioned flip style cell phone and have a land line. But I can lose hours on Pinterest. LOL.
I LOVE dragonflies and that is what 1st brought me to Alicia's blog !!! Smile emoticon 
I have worked for the North Scott Community School district for 25 years. 25 in food service and the last 20 driving and a.m. and p.m. bus route and serving elementary school lunches. I am looking forward to retiring in 4 years. That will give me time to create with all those supplies I have been hording. Winking smile emoticon 
Blogging Friends Feature

I love card making and my family and friends are disappointed if they get a store bought card from me! I pick up most of my papercrafting supplies, stamps, digital images and embellishments on-line or locally at S.U. , CTMH, JoAnne's, Michael's, Tuesday Mornings and Scrapbooking Studio. Some of my favorite papers are from October Afternoon, BooBunny, Doodlebug and Paperloft.
Blogging Friends Feature

My craft room is a spare bedroom that was taken over by my horde! It is oh-so messy! I would love to show it to you all clean. (Like that ever happens!) I have included a photo of a recent *Craftermath*!  I also enjoy gardening, photography, quilting, sewing, beading and basketry!
Alicia asked me to pass on some words of Wisdom! 

Something I have painted on my kitchen wall is "The Greatest Joy in life is seeing those you love Happy." NOTHING makes me happier than seeing my sons or grandsons happy. Red heart emoticon I also try very hard to Let Go.... of hurts, stress, etc... and Just Be...Happy, Content and Loved.
Thanks Alicia for asking me to be a part of your Amazing blog. I love you.
Oh - And YES - *Someday* I really want to visit Australia and meet Alicia in person. Wouldn't that be FUN ?!?!

Personally Carol, I love your Craftermath! I am a messy crafter too! If I could close the door and tuck my craft room away it would surely look like this every day!!! But regular visitors to our house inspire me to clean it up!!  Thank you also for your wonderful words of wisdom! They are so true and meaningful.

So...if you would like to make a beautiful new blogging friend, you need to head on over to Carol's Blog here and introduce yourself.  Thanks Carol for being the first Blogging Friend! You have done a beautiful job.

And if you would like to be featured in my Blogging Friends posts please email me and I can send you out a few questions to answer!!  Who is going to be next???

Alicia xx

No comments: