Monday, November 10, 2014

The Monday Message

I am starting to think Christmas.

I find if I don't get started early it all seems to snowball on me and I feel the panic feeling rise.
So I am trying to be onto it this year.  You know, organised, within budget, presents wrapped, tree up,  cards sent, all that sort of thing!!

We put our tree up yesterday...and it was much more fun than ever before because Nicholas is finally getting into Christmas!  Last year he really didn't show any interest at all.  Now, at 2 1/2 years old, he is learning!  This will be his third Christmas.

I know it is traditionally too early to put the tree up, but I am making my own rules, because if I leave it till the 1st of December it just doesn't give me enough time to get into the swing of things.  If my tree is up then I buy presents and wrap them.  
No tree...it just doesn't happen for me.  I am a bit weird like that!

We saw Santa on the weekend at the shops and Nicky told him he wants a "Boat House" which is from the Fireman Sam show.  He was so brave talking to Santa, his eyes were watery and his lips were quivering but he was determined to do it! I was so proud of him because he really doesn't warm to strangers at all...and often doesn't want to talk to my friends to my dismay!

I saw an "Elf on the Shelf" today at the shops so I picked that up and I am very excited to really get into the spirit of the season this year and start creating some traditions for our little family.

How are you feeling about Christmas?
Too busy to think about it?  Looking forward to it? 
Do you break tradition and put your tree up early?

Alicia xx

No comments: