Monday, January 5, 2015

60th Birthday Album of Memories

60th Birthday Book

I have a few projects to share that I made in December when I didn't find the time to blog.
This special Album for my Dad's 60th Birthday is one of them.
I emailed family and friends and collated stories and photos all about my Dad.
Then I printed the stories onto white card and put them all together in the book.

60th Birthday Book

I covered and painted a Kaisercraft wooden Album.  (They have 30, 40, 50 etc different numbers for different aged birthdays or anniversaries.  The books only cost about $8.)  The papers are from the Project Life Cobalt Edition I have had in my stash for ages.  The number 60 I painted in gold acrylic paint.

60th Birthday Book

The photos I printed out as 3x4s.  There was about 100 in total.
I kept the book as simple and as masculine as I could.  I couldn't resist a few gold star stickers.  I figured my Dad is a super star and they could be justified!!!

60th Birthday Book

The photos were a real mixture from childhood, adolescence, young married and family life and life in the last ten years or so, up to now.  When I was making the book it really struck me how life does seem to pass in the blink of an eye.  We pass through the milestones of births, weddings, family events before you know it you are grown up and have kids of your own!  It was a reminder for me to cherish the moments and cherish the events.  The baby showers, weddings, christenings, birthdays...they are important milestones, Rites of Passage in our life.

60th Birthday Book

60th Birthday Book

My Dad loved the book.  So did my Mum.  (I did one for her 60th in January.) 
Mum loves having all the photos together in one place.
Its hard to believe my parents are both 60.
Life goes quickly!
Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: