Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Baby Decor - Kaisercraft Little One - Baby Blocks


Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft DT





























Hello,
Thanks for stopping by today!

Today I am sharing some cute little Baby Blocks I decorated with the Kaisercraft Little One Collection.  These would be a perfect gift for a new baby or as a Baby Shower present.  They would look so cute in a Nursery on a little shelf or cupboard.  Nicky never had a properly decorated nursery as we moved house just before he was born and knew we would only be in that house for nine months.  Then we moved a second and third time before he turned two. So by the time we got ourselves settled we decided we didn't need a nursery anyway!  He does have a dedicated toy room now...so I guess that might make up for it ; )

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft DT










I purchased the plain wooden blocks on Etsy from Pam at Nest in the Attic.  Pam's service is fantastic.  She is happy to help with the number of blocks you need and quotes for postage.  Her husband makes them himself.  The blocks were everything I hoped they would be.  Once they arrived I sanded the edges and painted them white.  Then I chose papers from the Little One 6 1/2 inch Paper Pad and pictures from the Little One Collectables.  I also fussy cut letters from the Specialty paper - Gloss ABC and some balloons and elephants from papers Ollie and Harry.  (All papers are pictured below.)
I covered everything with Mod Podge and left it to dry.

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft DT

This was a really fun project.  Other ways you could do it would be to do a "boy" or "girl" colour scheme.  I chose to do a gender neutral colour scheme, but I could feel my fingers really wanting to make a baby girl set.  I love the papers with the love hearts and the clouds.  I can envision a gorgeous pink and grey set with the baby's name on one side of the blocks.  Maybe next time!

Here are the Kaisercraft Materials I used
PP974 Little One - Paper Pad 


P1881 Little One - Ollie 



 P1887 Little One - Harry



PS417 Little One Speciality - Gloss ABC 



CT832 Little One - Collectables 

T331 Sanding Block

Other Materials: Wooden Blocks, Mod Podge, White Acrylic Paint

There are some other wonderfully creative Baby Decor Projects on the Kaisercraft Blog today.  Before you go and see them, tell me about your baby's nursery.  Was it beautifully decorated, or just didn't really happen like Nicky's?  I love dreaming about Nursery decor...
Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: