Monday, August 10, 2015

Kaisercraft August Collections


Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team

 Hello and happy Monday! 

I am over at the Kaisercraft Blog sharing these special creations today.  I have made two sets of Christmas cards, an off-the-page Christmas Nativity Scene and a non-Christmas layout using each of the three collections for August; "A Touch of Gold", "Holy Night" and "Time Machine".    Kaisercraft have provided a great variety in their collections this month, with something to suit everyone.

178

Firstly, "A Touch of Gold".  This celebratory collection features shiny gold, sparkles, glitz and glamour! Today I am sharing some Christmas cards I have made.  Very un-traditional, but they certainly make a statement and the gold really gives them that wow factor!  They would be a standout amongst Christmas cards received and on display on the mantlepiece.
The inspiration for these cards came from the sentiments I cut from this 12x12 Paper PS423 Christmas Words and then each sentiment became the focus point.

PS423

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team

I layered the focus sentiment with beautiful foiled papers.

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team

I tied organza bows and sprinkled on some Epoxy stars.

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team

The papers do all the work for you in this collection.  I focused on clean lines and simple designs.  I do love the shiny gold.  

The Kaisercraft products used are:
CD102 12x12 Weave - Licorice | PS421 Specialty Foil - Pin Stripe | PS420 Specialty Die Cut and Foil - Doily | PP976 Paper Pad | P1899 Glitz | PS423 Specialty Foil - Christmas Words | CT834 Collectables | BRB605 Organza Ribbon Neutrals | ST911 Epoxy Stickers - Monochrome |

179
Secondly, I am sharing some more Christmas creations, this time they have a much more traditional feel.  The Holy Night Collection is filled with beautiful images of the Nativity Scene, Angels, stars and stained glass windows.  As I was working with these papers feelings of peace and calmness came over me...the images spoke to my soul.

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team

The focus image for this card came from P1914 Holy Night - Blessing 12x12 Paper.  I simply layered the same image three times by cutting out different sections and used three-dimensional tape to pop up the layers.  The Card Panels Kaisercraft makes are a perfect starting point for making cards.

Print

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team

For my Off The Page Project I assembled and decorated FL572 Wooden Flourish Scenes - Nativity Scene.
This was such a fun project to paint and decorate and fits inside three of Kaisercraft's Advent Calenders; SB2370 Advent House, SB2066 Advent Calender and SB2316 Advent Block.  Or it can simply be used as a decoration on its own.  This would be a great activity for the kids to make leading up to Christmas.  It is quite simple to put together and can be decorated as simply or as ornately as desired.

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team

Finally I made a folded card using DD318 Card Creations - Snowflake Card Flip.

DD318

However instead of using the snowflake I used a card panel from P1914 Holy Night - Blessing 12x12 Paper.

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team
The die comes with all the instructions on how to make this Flip Card, which is very easy to make and gives a nice alternative to the regular flat card base.

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team

The Kaisercraft products used are: 
SS291 Sticker Sheet | PP977 Paper Pad | CD101 12×12 Weave – Coconut | P1913 Wise Men | P1914 Blessing | CT 835 Collectables | EM 424 Tag Pack | FL572 Flourish Nativity Scene | F644 Mini Paper Blooms - Coconut | F627 Paper Blooms - Coconut | F628 Paper Blooms - Honey | F646 Mini Paper Blooms - Buttercream | SB715 Pearsl - Latte | IP723 - Vintage
Other products: Gold Paint, Gold cord.

180
Finally, I am sharing my "non-Christmas" Layout using the "Time Machine" Collection.  This collection has a colour palette of teal, brown. black and ivory and is filled with gears, cogs and clocks.  It is a great Masculine range, perfect for Father's Day cards, Male Birthday cards and Male layouts.  I chose to make a Layout with a recent photo of our little boy.  I kept the sketch simple and decorated with stamps, stickers and collectables.  Everything coordinates so beautifully in this collection.  It is easy to play with and put together a project.

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team

There are lots of great quotes in "Time Machine", but this one; "Always find time for the things that make you happy to feel alive" is one of my favourites and a little piece of wisdom for all of us.  I had a lovely time stamping on this layout and then layering the stickers and collectables over the top of the stamped images.

Alicia McNamara - Kaisercraft Design Team

The Kaisercraft products I used are:
CD101 12×12 Weave – Coconut | P1922 Coggler | P1925 Gears | SS292 Sticker Sheet | CS236 Clear Stamps | IP724 - Bark | 
Thats all from me today! I hope you enjoyed these little projects and that it inspires you to find time for a bit of crafting, if that is what makes you happy : )

I'm interested to hear what your favourite August collection is?
Have a lovely week,

Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: