Friday, September 25, 2015

Kaisercraft 10 DIY Christmas Ideas - Part One

By Alicia McNamara for Kaisercraft

Hello! 
Its my day on the Kaisercraft Blog today! I have been busy, busy, busy creating lots of things this month.  Today I am starting my three part post that covers my creations for September.
I have had a lovely time playing with the three amazing Kaisercraft  Collections it has been a lot of fun!  This post is Part One of 10 DIY Christmas Ideas... I hope you enjoy : )

DIY Christmas cards can be fancy...or they can be kept really simple...it depends on how much time you wish to spend on making them, how many you are sending out and your own preference of style of card.  Do you prefer a more elaborate design, or do you prefer quick and easy?  Today I am going to share with you several designs ranging from elaborate to simple.  There is something for everyone in the post...even the kids can put the simple designs together!!! You could get started on Christmas cards this month and have them ready to send out on the first of December!
Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 10.13.49 am
Firstly lets look at Traditional Colours.  Home for Christmas is perfect for the crafter who loves traditional coloured Christmas cards in reds and greens.

By Alicia McNamara for Kaisercraft

Design 1 - "Warm Wishes to you this Christmas" Card
 This first card features the DD318 Card Creations Snowflake Card Flip Die.  This die is so useful for making cards that look a little different to the normal folded base...they look impressive and different, but they are so easy to make.  (The instructions on how to cut and fold the card stock comes with the die.)  I did not use the snowflake part of the die in this card, but I certainly have used it in many cards featured tomorrow.  This is a recommended purchase! To be honest I have always struggled a little with Christmas embellishments in the past...normal flowers just didn't feel quite right to me...well this little die has saved me this year! It pops out so easily the T330 Die Release Tool and fills up lots of space on your card or layout and looks so cute!  I think the best thing with a die is that you just never run out of it!! You can make as many little snowflakes as your heart desires in any paper or colour you like! : )
DD318
DD318 Card Creations Snowflake Card Flip Die
By Alicia McNamara for Kaisercraft
Kaisercraft Products Used:
CD651 Kraft Cardstock |P1936 Sugar Plum | P1936 Poinsettia | P1942 Warm Wishes | DD318 Card Creations Snowflake Card Flip Die | DD728 Decorative Die Christmas Trees | PP980 Paper Pad | CT838 Collectables | EM405 Doily | SB715 Pearls - Latte | Ip734 - Cherry
Other products: Green Ribbon

By Alicia McNamara for Kaisercraft

Design 2 - "Peace on Earth" Card
 This is a clean and simple card using P1942 Warm Wishes and a dove from CT838 Collectables with sticker sentiment.  I must say I am loving these Stickers that Kaisercraft have brought out.  If you are not a confident stamper these stickers are perfect for you!! I admit to being a little nervous when stamping straight onto a card...I am always scared I will mess it up by not stamping properly.  You never have this problem with Kaisercraft stickers.  They give a perfect result every time! Also the edges of the sticker aren't really that obvious...in the picture above you would never know I used a sticker.  I personally love that you can't really tell its a sticker...nobody knows my secret then of sometimes I'm too scared to stamp!! Lol!  There are ten different types of stickers available.
The one I used on this card is ST921 Seasons Greetings.

Christmas_Quotes

There is something about this card that I just love.  It has a simple elegance to it.  I think it is the sentiment and the dove combined it makes me feel peaceful just looking at it : )

Kaisercraft Products Used:
CD651 Kraft Cardstock | ST921 Seasons Greetings | P1938 Eggnog | P1942 Warm Wishes | CT838 Collectables

By Alicia McNamara for Kaisercraft

Design 3 - "Merry Christmas to You" Card
This card was very simple to put together.  To make it buy three pages of P1945 Warm Wishes Paper.

P1942

Simply cut the poinsettia flower out of the first sheet and the framed sentiment out of the second sheet.  Then layer the fussy cut flower on top of the flower on the sentiment with Mounting foam and add a green ribbon.  Then layer the framed sentiment on top of the framed sentiment on the third paper with mounting foam and adhere the base to a folded card base.  Very, very simple and quick to make!

Kaisercraft Products Used:
CD651 Kraft Cardstock | P1945 Warm Wishes x3 | T302 Mounting Foam
Other products: Green ribbon

By Alicia McNamara for Kaisercraft

Design 4 - Bulk Set of 12 Cards
What if you wanted to make a bulk set of Christmas cards to send out to close friends or family?  This set of twelve can be made in about three-four hours.  You can proudly send out a Hand-Crafted card, and it wont take you all year to make them!  This set of cards features P1941 Season.

P1941

This page is perfect because it gives you 12 quotes for the front of each of your Christmas cards.  I simply cut them out, rounded the corners and layered them onto Kraft card stock.  Then I cut 12 base cards from Kraft card and chose a paper to cover the front of the card.  I rounded the corners of the bases to match the sentiments.  Then I cut some burlap and attached it vertically to the front of the card.  I cut a slit in the top fold of the base card and threaded some ribbon through to layer on top of the burlap.  Finally I used Mounting foam to layer the sentiment onto the front of the card.  I inked the edges of all my papers and card with IP723 Vintage ink.  If you are short on time, don't worry about inking the edges or rounding the corners.

Kaisercraft Products Used:
CD651 Kraft Card stock | PP980 Paper Pad | P1941 Season |BRB606 Organza Coloured Ribbon in Green, Red and Gold | IP723 Vintage Ink | T302 Mounting Foam
Other products: Burlap | Corner punch

Pop on over to the Kaisercraft Blog today to see more...or tune back in here tomorrow for Part Two of my 10 DIY Christmas ideas.  Tomorrow is Silver Bells!
Thanks for stopping by : )

Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: