Thursday, April 28, 2016

A Peek into my New Craft Room

Organisation of Kaisercraft Supplies by Alicia McNamara

Hello! Today I am sharing some photos of my new craft room.  We moved house about a month ago and for the first time in about four years I have a craft room again! All to myself!! It is so lovely to spread out a little more and organise my beautiful Kaisercraft supplies.  Its much more inspiring to sit at my desk and gaze at this loveliness...

Organisation of Kaisercraft Supplies by Alicia McNamara

Project #1 - Storage Shelf

At the top of this little unit that sits on my desk I am storing my Kaisercolour Colouring Books and Gel Pens.  On the first shelf I have little jars filled with Kaisercraft Wood Flourishes.  On the second shelf some larger jars filled with Kaisercraft Paper Blooms.  The next two rows I have my Kaisermists and Kaisercraft glues.  At the bottom is a reel for some coloured twine.

Organisation of Kaisercraft Supplies by Alicia McNamara

Project #2 - Ribbon Rack

Next to this unit on my desk I have a ribbon shelf.  At the very top I keep all of my Kaisercraft Pearls, Rhinestones and Epoxy Stickers all neatly stacked into a plastic container.  On the top reel I have my Kaisercraft Glitter Tapes, Printed Tapes and Natural Twine.  On the subsequent rows I have my Kaisercraft Organza Ribbons.

Kaisercraft Pailing Wall Art using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

Project #3 - Pailing Wall Art

This month the gorgeous Pailing Wall Art has been released.  This is a lovely large size and I chose to make it as a wall decoration for my new craft room. I covered the base of my sign with wrapping paper from the Lucky Dip Mix 1 Collection WP801.  This gorgeous white wood panelling paper is a super large size and perfect for this project.  Then I tore little bits of papers from the PP994 6 1/2 inch Paper Pad and glued this on top of the wood panelling base in various sections.  I inked the edges with IP726 Island Ink and then painted on KM105 Kaiser Mist in Turquoise.  Finally I added some KC301 Kaisercolour Black Paint to the edges to add a little more definition.  I added two little quotes from the ST928 Life Clear Sticker Sheet.

Kaisercraft Pailing Wall Art using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

Inside the Sea Breeze Collection there is a large circular die cut 12x12 page called PS447 Pond Die Cut.  I traced this paper onto P2016 Waterlilly and P2020 Sea to make two large circles for the base of my photo.  I distressed the edges of these circles and and added some IP719 Black Ink.  I also added some KC001 Kaisercolour White paint to the bottom circle to add to the distressed look.

Kaisercraft Pailing Wall Art using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

I fussy cut the black flowers from P2019 Lake 12x12 Paper.  I fussy cut the green leaves from P2024 Whirlpool 12x12 Paper.

Kaisercraft Pailing Wall Art using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

I used the DD757 Large Flourishes Decorative Die, which matches perfectly with the Sea Breeze collection, to cut some swirls from the gorgeous new 12x12 Glitter Card Stock in Midnight.

Kaisercraft Pailing Wall Art using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

I cut two banners from GC101 Midnight and GC110 Lagoon Glitter Card Stock and layered that under my photo.  I fussy cut some more blooms from P2016 Waterlilly and the words for my sentiment from P2019 Lake.

Kaisercraft Products: SB2412 Pailing Wall Art |Lucky Dip Mix 1 Collection WP801 |PP994 6 1/2 inch Paper Pad |KM105 Kaiser Mist - Turquoise |KC301 Kaisercolour Black Paint |ST928 Clear Sticker Sheet - Life |P2016 Waterlilly | P2020 Sea |IP719 Black Ink | IP726 Island Ink |KC001 Kaisercolour White Paint | P2019 Lake | P2024 Whirlpool |DD757 Large Flourishes |GC101 Glitter Card Stock - Midnight | GC110 Glitter Card Stock - Lagoon |
 Kaisercraft Shelf Ladder using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

Project #4 - Ladder Shelf

I purchased this Beyond the Page Ladder Shelf a few months back and it has been happily sitting on my table undecorated and storing things for me!  This month though I decided it was time to decorate it with the gorgeous Sea Breeze Collection of papers.  I made it to match the Wall Pailing which will hang above it in my craft room.  I followed the same procedure and used the same products as I did in the Wall Decoration for the base of this Ladder Shelf.  For this project I was a little more liberal with the Turquoise Kaiser Mist and the Black and White Paint I used around the edges of the shelf.

Kaisercraft Pailing Wall Art using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

On each shelf I pasted a word from the Collectables pack - smile, love and believe.

Kaisercraft Pailing Wall Art using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

I chose to cover one edge of the ladder with paper and I decorated this side of the Ladder with an overlapping of flowers, swirls, butterflies and bling.

Kaisercraft Pailing Wall Art using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

Kaisercraft Products: SB2398 Beyond the Page - Ladder Shelf | Lucky Dip Mix 1 Collection WP801 | PP994 6 1/2 inch Paper Pad |KM105 Kaiser Mist - Turquoise |KC301 Kaisercolour Black Paint |P2016 Waterlilly | P2018 Waterfall | IP726 Island Ink |KC001 Kaisercolour White Paint | P2019 Lake | P2024 Whirlpool | DD757 Large Flourishes |GC102 Glitter Card Stock - Steel | RS418 Sparklets - SeaBreeze | DD725 Butterflies C6 Decorative Die | SB783 Pearls - Teal | PT226 Glitter Tape - Steel | CT853 Collectables |
Other: Kindy Glitz

Kaisercraft Large Desk Organiser using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

Project #5 - Large Desk Organiser

This is another project I have had in the works for quite a few months.  Because I am such a messy crafter I was really needing some sort of storage option for Kaisercraft's two collections each month.  Piles of papers, stamps and collectables piling up on my desk was not leaving a lot of space for crafting and piles on the floor was not leaving a lot of space for walking lol!  I was chatting to Trudy at my local Kaisercraft store in Robina and she suggested the Beyond the Page - Large Desk Organiser.  This has turned out to be the perfect storage solution for me and my two Kaisercraft collections for each month.   I purchased two Large Desk Organisers, one for each collection.  In my head I wanted them to be decorated quite neutrally so that they didn't dominate the collection colours too much.  But as I started decorating I really couldn't help adding colour!  Still, I did try to keep the projects quite neutral.

Kaisercraft Large Desk Organiser using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

These are the two Large Desk Organisers empty on my table ready to store the collections for the month.

Kaisercraft Large Desk Organiser using Sea Breeze by Alicia McNamara

Here they are filled with products from the April collections; Cottage Rose and Sea Breeze.  The back shelf is perfect for all the 12x12 papers and stickers.  The little shelves in the middle can hold the Paper Pads, Stamp Sets and matching Embossing Folders.  The three little drawers and one large drawer are perfect for holding collectables and off-cuts.
No excuses for messy crafting now right!  Now I just have to teach myself to clean up during and after I finish crafting...wish me luck!!!

Kaisercraft Products: SB2084 Beyond the Page - Large Desk Organiser (x2) | TM811 Metal Drawer Knobs - Silver | PT228 Glitter Tape - Mint | SS310 Sticker Sheet | Lucky Dip Mix 1 Collection WP801 | P2016 Waterlilly | P2019 Lake |KC001 Kaisercolour White Paint|

Thats all from me for today.  I hope you have enjoyed a few peeks into my new craft room...maybe it has inspired you to re-organise some of your Kaisercraft Products or create one of these Beyond the Page Projects.  

Happy crafting,

Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

2 comments:

giaonhanquocte said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi úcgửi hàng đi đài loan và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

jake said...

Great article! Thanks for sharing I added some thoughts on desk organizers sometime ago